F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > 2 Series Grand Tourer
ARMA SPEED

01-04-2016, 02:18 PM   #1
Mark1966
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Z4, Lotus and Lancia

2 Series Grand Tourer

Why is it BMW can manage to put a twin exit (ie pipe each side) on the 20d 2 Series Grand Turd but not manage to do the same on the 335d
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2016, 03:00 PM   #2
Broncho
Banned
England
Rep
Drives: Chav white Mercedes

My brother in law hired one when he was over at Christmas, I wondered why they would endow it with the 2 pipes.

Going against the grain, it was actually a very nice car although the extra seats in the back are only for child use and when being used it has no boot so I'm not really sure how that would work with a big family etc
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2016, 04:28 PM   #3
MikeMc
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 335d Shadow

It is silly that decision. I think all 4cyl should have twin pipe on one side and 6cyl should have pipe on either side.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2016, 03:20 AM   #4
SkyJawa
Major General
Rep
Drives: F10 530d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncho View Post
it was actually a very nice car
Er its FWD and looks like a Vauxhall

A sector BMW shouldn't have entered IMHO. Still, appeals to oldies I would imagine!
Appreciate 1
      01-05-2016, 03:21 AM   #5
SkyJawa
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike77t5 View Post
It is silly that decision. I think all 4cyl should have twin pipe on one side and 6cyl should have pipe on either side.
Why? In the 9x series it was twin only on the top of the range 335i or 335d.....

But agree its silly on this thing.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2016, 05:56 AM   #6
isleaiw
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 330d SE, silver with black lea

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyJawa View Post

A sector BMW shouldn't have entered IMHO. Still, appeals to oldies I would imagine!
I need a car to accommodate three dogs and leave in the station car park all day - might be just right for me, quality interior and drive versus the Citroens and Vauxhalls of this world. Then means my weekend / car for other uses doesnt get wrecked at the station or by the dogs.

Of course they needed to enter it. You will be saying next they shouldnt have done 4x4s.....

Or perhaps when they made three wheelers that they shouldnt have added a fourth

Ian
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2016, 06:06 AM   #7
Mark1966
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by isleaiw View Post
I need a car to accommodate three dogs and leave in the station car park all day - might be just right for me, quality interior and drive versus the Citroens and Vauxhalls of this world. Then means my weekend / car for other uses doesnt get wrecked at the station or by the dogs.

Of course they needed to enter it. You will be saying next they shouldnt have done 4x4s.....

Or perhaps when they made three wheelers that they shouldnt have added a fourth

Ian
ETTO but really what a pile of fugly shit the 2 series tourer is, surely you can get something a little less turd like to transport the dogs around in, don't the pups deserve something better
Appreciate 2
      01-05-2016, 06:13 AM   #8
SkyJawa
Major General
Rep

Quote:
quality interior and drive
Debatable. The F3x isn't quality its ok, can't imagine the 2er is any better, and as for drive, the wrong wheels are propelling it!

No, its Porsche that shouldn't have entered the 4x4, jeeez that Cayenne is an ugly as sin child only a mother could love
Appreciate 1
      01-05-2016, 06:38 AM   #9
isleaiw
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Debatable. The F3x isn't quality its ok, can't imagine the 2er is any better, and as for drive, the wrong wheels are propelling it!

No, its Porsche that shouldn't have entered the 4x4, jeeez that Cayenne is an ugly as sin child only a mother could love
Its all relative, admittedly not up to the interior quality of my audi but better than a citroen... Plus for the three miles never getting above 25mph does it really matter which wheels are driven? I'd go x drive for added traction in snow and on grass...

ugly is good at the station - stops people knicking it. And dogs dont deserve anything nice to travel in until they learn to wipe their feet when they get in the car!!!

Latest version of Cayenne looks better - especially as a GTS. At least they have improved it over time - can name a few models that are going backwards on the looks front.....

Ian
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2016, 06:44 AM   #10
Mark1966
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Its all relative, admittedly not up to the interior quality of my audi but better than a citroen... Plus for the three miles never getting above 25mph does it really matter which wheels are driven? I'd go x drive for added traction in snow and on grass...

ugly is good at the station - stops people knicking it. And dogs dont deserve anything nice to travel in until they learn to wipe their feet when they get in the car!!!

Latest version of Cayenne looks better - especially as a GTS. At least they have improved it over time - can name a few models that are going backwards on the looks front.....

Ian
I would keep a bit of dignity and buy an old mondeo estate to run them around in, but you are right no one in their right mind would ever nick one let alone buy one
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2016, 07:12 AM   #11
isleaiw
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark1966 View Post
I would keep a bit of dignity and buy an old mondeo estate to run them around in, but you are right no one in their right mind would ever nick one let alone buy one
That is actually what I am planning - 2.5 5 pot if I can find a good one at the right price.... I can pretend its my old 850 T5 then!! Dogs will love it I am sure and if they run off when out walking I can have a spirited drive back to teach them a lesson...
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2016, 09:27 AM   #12
philiper1
Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: F21 M135i LCI

Garage List
Quote:
Funny you say that, colleague has bought one and sent me a side photo of it and asking if I can guess what it is! The 1st car that popped to my mind was Astra!

Bless him, even he doesn't like it