Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

12-29-2015, 09:37 AM   #1
Damasconian
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Texas World Speedway Feb. 27-28th

This is a Drivers Edge event. It will be my first time with that group after 2 good outings with LRA in San Marcos this year.

TDE is also running a group at TWS in January but that one is already sold out for the novice group, and almost completely booked at all levels. The February event is close to a sell-out already so anyone interested should sign up quickly.

https://www.thedriversedge.net/02_tracks.htm

I have officially signed up and hope to see some of you out there with me.
      12-29-2015, 05:15 PM   #2
tkhan456
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F82 (MW/Black/Black 19")

DE is great. I've done two sessions with them out at Motorsport Ranch in Cresson and it was a blast. A lot, however, really however depends on the instructor you get.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2015, 07:12 AM   #3
Damasconian
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkhan456 View Post
DE is great. I've done two sessions with them out at Motorsport Ranch in Cresson and it was a blast. A lot, however, really however depends on the instructor you get.
They do most of their runs at the Motorsport ranch in Cresson, I have never been. Have you been on TWS? If so, how would it compare to MR in Cresson? My experience is limited to Harris Hill, TWS & BMWs track in SC.
      12-30-2015, 02:36 PM   #4
tkhan456
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damasconian
Quote:
They do most of their runs at the Motorsport ranch in Cresson, I have never been. Have you been on TWS? If so, how would it compare to MR in Cresson? My experience is limited to Harris Hill, TWS & BMWs track in SC.
Haven't had the chance to make it out to TWS. I hear it's a blast from some friends of mine but it'll eat your brakes up. Have fun!
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2015, 11:21 AM   #5
m4pewpew
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Could you please elaborate a bit more on the instructor part? I am curious.

So I was watching this video of a Nissan GTR chasing a Ferrari 458 at COTA, also DE. The 458 was pretty much done after overtaking a Miata, but I guess the driver kept on pushing so he crashed. Might not be very fair for me to say this, plus I don't know the whole story, but I feel the instructor should have known about the condition of the car, and told the driver to do a cool-down lap and back to the pit? Assuming he had an instructor.
7/7/14: On the waiting list | 9/8/14: Order submitted | 10/2/14: Order approved. Production number received | 11/7/14: In Production | 11/15/14: End of production | 11/21/14: En route to the US | 12/7/14: Finishing touches | 12/13/14: At the dealer | 12/15/14: Car in garage
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2015, 02:09 PM   #6
tkhan456
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4pewpew
Quote:
Could you please elaborate a bit more on the instructor part? I am curious.

So I was watching this video of a Nissan GTR chasing a Ferrari 458 at COTA, also DE. The 458 was pretty much done after overtaking a Miata, but I guess the driver kept on pushing so he crashed. Might not be very fair for me to say this, plus I don't know the whole story, but I feel the instructor should have known about the condition of the car, and told the driver to do a cool-down lap and back to the pit? Assuming he had an instructor.
So there are only instructors for the lower groups. The yellow sometimes goes without and the red is solo. Green, blue, and some yellow outings are with instructors next to you. They kind of give you pointers and tell you when to apply more throttle, brake, turn in, etc. some are really good on picking up what you need to be working on or doing different while some aren't or at least don't communicate with you well enough to convey what they want. That's my experience at least. You'll get the same instructor for the entire weekend for the most part. I had two one weekend one time (thankfully). The first one was not very good but my second one was a profession Porsche racer who was insanely awesome. Also they allow you to sit in the passenger seat while the instructors go out on laps in their own cars. If you do DE, this is an absolute must but if you have a weak stomach, you may vomit, so I'd let them know before you think you're going to vomit. I've seen an instructors car get messed up
Appreciate 1