F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > Ever lived (or live) in a house where unexplained things occur?
proTUNING Freaks

12-27-2015, 04:26 PM   #1
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: xxxx

Ever lived (or live) in a house where unexplained things occur?

Currently watching a drama on ITV about some bloke investigating strange happenings at this house.

It made me think on a number of places I have stayed with with some odd events have occurred, light bulbs removed and placed on dining table 2 feet away, friends house that would suddenly smell of formaldehyde.

Hangars and Mess at Scampton with odd things happening, strange person in corridors etc.

Couple of the bases in Germany were down right weird.

While a lot of things are a load of bollox, somethings are slightly harder to explain away.

So while yes a lot will say load of crap, what about the rest?

Anyone have experience of just plain odd or weird things happening ?
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2015, 04:33 PM   #2
Broncho
Banned
England
Rep
Drives: Chav white Mercedes

My parents house, they built it themselves about 30 years ago but some very strange stuff has happened, voices of strangers, people crying when nobody else is there, lights switching on of their own accord, doors opening on their own.

Best of all was my dads old fashioned telephone ringing even though it's not connected!

One of my brothers refused to be in the house on his own whilst he lived there.

Last week I was visiting with my 3 week old boy who was asleep in his car travel system, I left him in the lounge for a couple of minutes to go and get a drink whilst my mum and wife made some lunch, when I got back his blanket had been placed over him completely covering his face, there was only us there!

Bizarre.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2015, 04:36 PM   #3
Danny Fireblade
Village idiot
England
Rep
Drives: Myself crazy

The other week I had left some dirty dishes on the side. Later on they had been washed, dried up and put away.

Now I reckon it was ghosts, as the only people in the house were the wife and I, and I definitely didn't do them???
Appreciate 5
      12-27-2015, 04:36 PM   #4
Mark1966
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Z4, Lotus and Lancia

I regularly notice some funny smells in our place, I cant be sure but it might be related to the 'Jacks' having their favourite dinner... chile con carne
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2015, 04:55 PM   #5
Mark1966
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Joking aside about 10 years ago I did a sponsored walk from John O'Groats to Lands End and about 3 days into the walk I spent the night in a Hotel about 40 miles south of Wick.

At around 3 in the morning I woke up and saw this odd faceless figure of a woman staring at me from the side of the room, I initially froze mesmerized by this apparition and then put the light on and it disappeared. It shook me up quite a bit so I left the light on for the rest of the night and convinced myself I must have dreamt it.

Anyway the next day I started off on my walk and phoned the missus up to tell her about it. She looked the hotel up on the internet and in her wisdom she phoned the Hotel up and told them about my experience.

Meanwhile I stopped for a bite to eat at lunchtime in a café about 10 miles south of the Hotel and who should turn up but the Hotel Proprietor who had driven down especially to quiz me about it. He was very excited as apparently this apparition was a regular sighting in this one room.

I had always laughed before at these types of stories but now I am not so sure!!
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2015, 05:16 PM   #6
SkyJawa
Major General
Rep
Drives: F10 530d

There is definitely something in it. IMHO.

When I was young we moved away from family due to my Dads work. Still saw my grandmother a few times each year.
Then one random night my sis woke from a particularly bad nightmare, so we thought, and telling my mum that nanna had been sat on the end of her bed, telling her everything would be ok and she'd always be around with us.
The following day we found out that she had passed away shortly before when my sister said this all happened.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2015, 05:16 PM   #7
Watsey
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 330D sDrive M Sport

Had plenty of odd things happen in my house in the 15 years that I've owned it :

I've been prodded awake in the middle of the night but I was the only one in the bedroom (wife was away on a girls weekend and my children were asleep in their beds). I'd not mentioned it, yet one of my girls told me that the same thing had happened to her;
Heard footsteps along the landing outside my home office when I was working in the early hours of the morning (wife and children were asleep in their beds);
Wife and I have been woken by a loud crash in the bathroom in the middle of the night, a real "what the feck was that ?" moment - no-one in the bathroom and no damage;
Similarly, we've head loud thuds from upstairs when we've been watching tv and thought that one of the children had fallen out of bed. Nip upstairs, both children are sound asleep.

I'm use to it now. I'm not really into the paranormal, but if there's a spirit here it doesn't seem to be malicious.
Current : F31 330sD, remapped, Ohlins Road & Track, Millway camber plates, Quaife LSD, Stoptech brakes + Pagid RSL1 pads all round, Weichers front strut brace, Eibach front & rear anti-roll bars, Michelin MP4S.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2015, 05:30 PM   #8
General
No_Country
Rep

A number of RAF camps come with a lot of historical emotional baggage, suicides, sudden deaths, Scampton was particularly strange at times, one Christmas Eve me and my wife and about 4 other couples walked past this bloke as we walked to the families club.

Everyone said merry Christmas etc, we walked about 5 feet and pretty much as one turned round, no bloke in sight.

The light bulbs thing, was we would occasionally come home to find the bulbs (usually 1) from the dining room light just lying on the dining table, 2 feet to the left..

The Fire Section at Scampton pretty much had a policy of not leaving anyone alone in the Fire Section on nights.

RAF Cranwell had to have an exorcism.

Strangely, even though one of my mates blew his head off with a shot gun and another hung himself, not really had any experiences there.

Worst was in Germany, only time really felt something that felt cold and dreadful.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2015, 05:56 PM   #9
73henny
Lieutenant Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: a lovely new G20 320dx

No, never. Some things may seem strange perhaps, but ultimately will have some explanation.
Its exactly the same as UFOs - they're so advanced they only let themselves be seen by people with shit cameras.

Gone; F30 335dx, F30 330dx, F21 LCI 125d, F48 X1 20dx, F10 520d
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2015, 06:04 PM   #10
rocketretro
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: M235i Coupe

Garage List
That's it, thanks, you buggers I won't be able to sleep tonight. I'm jumpy enough as it is with my daughters dog who is staying with us barking at things in the night.
      12-27-2015, 06:11 PM   #11
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d

I also think there is logical explanation for these things, but we're just not advanced enough to understand them yet, there's so much we don't understand about science & the human brain still!
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2015, 06:20 PM   #12
Mark1966
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73henny View Post
No, never. Some things may seem strange perhaps, but ultimately will have some explanation.
Its exactly the same as UFOs - they're so advanced they only let themselves be seen by people with shit cameras.
That's a very good point.

Now that 90% of the civilised population now carry a phone that includes a camera I wonder if the amount of UFO pictures have increased?

I doubt it.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2015, 06:21 PM   #13
Mark1966
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaston View Post
I also think there is logical explanation for these things, but we're just not advanced enough to understand them yet, there's so much we don't understand about science & the female brain still!

Appreciate 0
      12-27-2015, 06:24 PM   #14
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark1966 View Post
Yep there's undoubtedly more we don't understand about female brain!
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2015, 06:35 PM   #15
Gabreigns
Major
Rep
Drives: F3x

more more
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2015, 06:47 PM   #16
General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73henny View Post
Yep I don't believe in UFO's as such.

Light years of travel and go to some town in mid USA where the locals all have an ancestor from Norwich

I am open to scientific explanations, everything from events leaving imprints to out of sync events.

However from chatting to mates n acquaintances over the years, they does seem to be a sliding scale of nothing felt, to slight impression, safe or happy emotions towards a very dark and evil one.
Appreciate 1
deeno7.00
      12-27-2015, 07:39 PM   #17
Dadwhitey
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F31 330 xdrive M sport

Not so much as anything moving or noises , My wife went to a girls night with each getting a reading from a medium which she recorded on her phone .

And it's amazing how much she got about us and more so our disabled daughter and things she did , like grinding her teeth in her sleep and trying to pull out her button feeding tube which goes in threw her stomach.

Just so much that you just couldn't guess.

The one that really freaked the wife out was she was told the twins had a small girl that watched over them as there guardian angel .

One night our able body daughter called my wife threw in the middle of the night then she called me threw and asked our daughter to repeat what she told my wife .

She had been talking to a little girl at the end of her bed and told us her name ,we had never mentioned the the girls name to anyone and my daughter said her name ,really freaked the missus out
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2015, 04:23 PM   #18
Wills2
Barge driver
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 730d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsey View Post
I'm use to it now. I'm not really into the paranormal, but if there's a spirit here it doesn't seem to be malicious.
No, just bloody clumsy!
      12-28-2015, 04:47 PM   #19
Kal101
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335xd Msport +

Garage List
Stayed in a house when living in Sunderland where several weird things happened over the couple of years I was there

Strangest one was when a friend of the landlady spoke to the spirit and told us his name was Oliver jessop and he died an unhappy death. Bullocks we all thought until we checked the records. The guy lived there and his cause of death was suicide by gassing.

Had all sorts of weird things happen - footsteps. Doors opening. Strange sights etc

Definitely think there's something in it.
      12-28-2015, 04:55 PM   #20
Kal101
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335xd Msport +

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigand View Post
Yep I don't believe in UFO's as such.

Light years of travel and go to some town in mid USA where the locals all have an ancestor from Norwich

I am open to scientific explanations, everything from events leaving imprints to out of sync events.

However from chatting to mates n acquaintances over the years, they does seem to be a sliding scale of nothing felt, to slight impression, safe or happy emotions towards a very dark and evil one.

Surprised at you no believing in ufo with your background !!! Apparently a fair no of aircrew spot things but many are afraid to speak up - according to discovery channel.

How many ufo sightings are down to classified military stuff

Imagine stealth aircraft would have caused a few as did the u90 spy planes in their day.

As regards sceptics on paranormal stuff etc who say science can't explain remember a relatively short time ago we were convinced the world was flat the sun orbited the Earth.
      12-28-2015, 05:15 PM   #21
Danny Fireblade
Village idiot
England
Rep
Drives: Myself crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal001 View Post

As regards sceptics on paranormal stuff etc who say science can't explain remember a relatively short time ago we were convinced the world was flat the sun orbited the Earth.
You mean it isn't and it doesn't?????

AArrgghhh, next thing you will be saying is close encounters of the third kind wasn't based on a true story?
Appreciate 1
      12-28-2015, 05:50 PM   #22
General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal001 View Post
Surprised at you no believing in ufo with your background !!! Apparently a fair no of aircrew spot things but many are afraid to speak up - according to discovery channel.

How many ufo sightings are down to classified military stuff

Imagine stealth aircraft would have caused a few as did the u90 spy planes in their day.

Yeah there probably are aliens out there, some even likely capable of intergalactic travel.

However, if they are going to send out recce missions to Earth, you would think they would take something better than some banjo playing American?

Imagine travelling X number of light years and taking away a bunch of Chav's...

Yes aircraft and weapons research probably count for a lot of stuff.

Back on the weird stuff.

Visiting Auschwitz is a very strange experience, how much is knowing what happened and how much is an imprint on the location I don't know.

Stopped at Hohne barracks places there are odd (proper name is Bergen-Hohne, as in Bergen-Belsen)...

Most of it is a load of bollox and your mind taking the piss out of you, however some is odd and makes you think twice.
Appreciate 0