E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > OEM Alarm Question??

12-19-2015, 10:39 AM   #1
ArcticRik
Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: Arctic Metallic E90 335i

OEM Alarm Question??

I recently installed the OEM Alarm in my pre 03/07 build E90. I haven't had it coded to the car but so far the car chirps on lock/unlock, clown nose blinks and the alarm goes off if it senses motion in the interior.

My question is that I have noticed that if I unlock the car and open any other door or the truck without opening the driver door first the clown nose blinks very fast and stays blinking even after the car is started and driving until I plug the key into the slot (I have CA).

Is this normal for it not being coded, or is there an error somewhere in the system?

Thanks for your help!

Rik
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2015, 11:49 AM   #2
Black09BMW
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 328i xDrive

Garage List
I would assume it just needs coding as you may be tripping a sensor somehow or something but I may be wrong. The way to find out is to get it coded.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2015, 05:13 PM   #3
ArcticRik
Enthusiast
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black09BMW View Post
I would assume it just needs coding as you may be tripping a sensor somehow or something but I may be wrong. The way to find out is to get it coded.
Thanks! I figured as much, just thought I would see if anyone else has experienced this without coding! I'll find a remote coder!
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2015, 06:05 PM   #4
Black09BMW
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 328i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcticRik
Quote:
Thanks! I figured as much, just thought I would see if anyone else has experienced this without coding! I'll find a remote coder!
I'm actually having my alarm coded pretty soon by CodeMyCar. He is reasonable and does it remotely. I would suggest looking into it if I were you.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2015, 06:40 PM   #5
ArcticRik
Enthusiast
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black09BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcticRik
Quote:
I'm actually having my alarm coded pretty soon by CodeMyCar. He is reasonable and does it remotely. I would suggest looking into it if I were you.
Thanks! I'll reach out to them
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2016, 12:18 PM   #6
ArcticRik
Enthusiast
United_States
Rep

UPDATE:

I had the OEM alarm coded to my car last night and pretty much all the parameters were aktiv besides the panic which I made aktiv. So now I have the panic feature by holding down the open trunk button.

But funny thing, I go to fill up gas today, and as always I open the gas door and lock the car after. As I'm filling up the car alarm starts to go off. Now I know the gas door has nothing to do with the alarm so does anyone know what else this could be?

Also while the car is running if I hold down the trunk button for panic is goes off, is that normal for the alarm to go off while the car is running?

Last edited by ArcticRik; 01-03-2016 at 12:45 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2016, 09:48 PM   #7
maddmatt02
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: alpine white e90

I got no info for you about what should happen, but I do know it's possible to get into a situation while the car is running that you might "panic", so I don't see why it wouldn't work while running
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2016, 12:54 PM   #8
patents
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcticRik View Post
But funny thing, I go to fill up gas today, and as always I open the gas door and lock the car after. As I'm filling up the car alarm starts to go off. Now I know the gas door has nothing to do with the alarm so does anyone know what else this could be?
My guess is that the car knew the gas door was opened (or you bumped the actuator of the gas door locking mechanism and caused it to think it opened), or possibly more likely, that the weight of the gas caused the car to tilt enough to set off the tilt sensor.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2016, 01:59 PM   #9
ArcticRik
Enthusiast
United_States
Rep

So another question, is the hood sensor in any way associated with the trunk? Or does the trunk have its own sensor somewhere? This is the scenario that I am dealing with.

1. Car is locked.
2. I walk up to the trunk and open it (have CA)
3. Shut trunk
4. Unlock driver door with CA
5. Turn on car (CA, key in pocket)
6. Drive
7. Get to location, turn off car
8. Open trunk, get stuff, shut trunk
9. Lock car, chirps, clown nose blinks normal
10. Few minutes later alarm goes off

This only happens when the trunk has been opened.

To remedy this, I have learned that I have to plug the key into the ignition slot, turn the car on and then turn it off. This issue doesnt happen when I plug the key in to drive. It is only with the trunk that this happens.

What do you guys think is going on here?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2016, 04:32 PM   #10
patents
Lieutenant
Rep

Can you reproduce it every time? And the time it takes for the alarm to go off, is it exactly the same amount of time every time it happens?

This sounds really odd, and I wouldn't be surprised if no one has a clue.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2016, 12:25 PM   #11
JustDriveIt
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i Coupe E92 Black

Quote:
So another question, is the hood sensor in any way associated with the trunk? Or does the trunk have its own sensor somewhere? This is the scenario that I am dealing with.

1. Car is locked.
3. Shut trunk
6. Drive

To remedy this, I have learned that I have to plug the key into the ignition slot, turn the car on and then turn it off. This issue doesnt happen when I plug the key in to drive. It is only with the trunk that this happens.

Thanks!

I have CA and OEM alarm on my 07 335i. My clown nose doesn't do any weird blinking once I'm driving. And I can open/close the trunk without setting any alarm off even if car is locked. It seems to treat the trunk independently, because the doors will unlock once you pull the handle. Of course you can only open the trunk if the car is unlocked, or locked with the key in your pocket.

I think either your hood sensor, angle sensor, or motion sensor is malfunctioning or not set up correctly.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2016, 01:24 PM   #12
ArcticRik
Enthusiast
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by patents
Can you reproduce it every time? And the time it takes for the alarm to go off, is it exactly the same amount of time every time it happens?

This sounds really odd, and I wouldn't be surprised if no one has a clue.
Yes it can be reproduced every time and it's usually within a minute it will go off
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2016, 01:25 PM   #13
ArcticRik
Enthusiast
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustDriveIt
Quote:

1. Car is locked.
3. Shut trunk
6. Drive

Thanks!

I have CA and OEM alarm on my 07 335i. My clown nose doesn't do any weird blinking once I'm driving. And I can open/close the trunk without setting any alarm off even if car is locked. It seems to treat the trunk independently, because the doors will unlock once you pull the handle. Of course you can only open the trunk if the car is unlocked, or locked with the key in your pocket.

I think either your hood sensor, angle sensor, or motion sensor is malfunctioning or not set up correctly.
Ya I was thinking one if the sensors are messed up, I wasn't sure if the hood sensor would have anything to do with the trunk but where is the angle sensor? Is it the same as the interior motion sensor?
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2016, 02:29 PM   #14
patents
Lieutenant
Rep

The angle sensor is built into the siren in the left rear wheel well.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2016, 12:57 PM   #15
ArcticRik
Enthusiast
United_States
Rep

I figured it out! It all works now! Thanks for your help guys! Turns out I didnt code it correctly to begin with..
Appreciate 0