BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) Ordering a X1 for pickup at South Carolina plant?

12-01-2015, 08:39 PM   #1
JoeyO
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: silver car

Ordering a X1 for pickup at South Carolina plant?

Does anyone know if it is possible to pick up an ordered X1 at the South Carolina plant? I know BMW offers that for some models. If they do offer that, I can place my order with any dealership in the country (USA), right? There's no need to go through my local dealership, right?
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2015, 10:47 PM   #2
PF1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F48 X1 xDrive25i M Sport

The X1 isn't made at the South Carolina plant... production is only in Germany as far as I know. All the other X models are made the USA. So probably not possible I would say.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2015, 11:47 PM   #3
JoeyO
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: silver car

I understand it's not made at the South Carolina plant. But neither was the 3 series sedans and BMW used to allow owners to pick up their 3 series there, (instead of their local dealership). BMW would provide one night's lodging, a wine and cheese event, and a free lap around their track.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2015, 12:44 AM   #4
PF1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F48 X1 xDrive25i M Sport

Oh really? Wow, that would be quite an experience!! Wish we had that kind of thing here.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2015, 04:03 AM   #5
ShinySteelRobot
iPhone/iPad Developer
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 650i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyO View Post
Does anyone know if it is possible to pick up an ordered X1 at the South Carolina plant? I know BMW offers that for some models. If they do offer that, I can place my order with any dealership in the country (USA), right? There's no need to go through my local dealership, right?
You can request Performance Center Delivery for a Euro-built BMW at the time of your order. (At least this used to be true a few years back with 3 Series, I imagine it's probably still true today -- best to check with your CA to confirm, though.)

They'll schedule an exact time for your PCD after your boat lands and your car clears customs.

Not sure about the rules for dealerships. In my experience it doesn't matter what dealership you buy from, but some dealerships will give you perks like like free loaners during service visits if you buy from them.
Appreciate 0