XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

02-23-2008, 04:39 PM   #1
Palbay
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW X3

Vermillion Red Production X6 XDrive 50i Spotted

Hey guys,I finally caught two beautiful TT V-8 X6's out testing yesterday.They appeared to be finished production level 50i's.These are the first two finished V-8's I've spotted.They appeared from a very unlikely location.These two X6's popped out of some roll up doors in the BMW Training and Development Center.I thought this was some sort of HR Facility for advanced training for BMW Associates.I just happened to be driving by this place,like I have many times in the past.I've never seen any X6's enter or exit from this place.It had a kind of James Bond feeling to the whole thing,this door pops open and out come two red X6's hauling ass!!! I got behind and beside one of the cars at a stop sign.One of the doors opened and a guy got out..... and walked toward me...rutt row!!! Luckily the guy kidda grinned at me and opened up the rear hatch....I'm not sure what the stuff is hanging out of the hatch.There were two X6's and they were in a hurry.They did several high speed runs on this road behind the BMW Plant.They would do a uturn prior to getting to the traffic light at each end of the street.After a couple of passes on this road the X6's went to the Performance Center and did 4 or 5 hot laps there.One last comment.These V-8's did not sound well at all.They had the deep "NASCAR" V-8 rumble,but almost sounded like they were misfiring or running on less than 8 cylinders.Maybe that was somehow tied into the test they were preforming.At least yesterday they did not sound like a precision german engineered V-8. Thanks. PalBay
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-23-2008, 09:59 PM   #2
shenard
Captain
Rep
Drives: '09 X6 50i AW

Garage List
2009 BMW X6 50i  [0.00]
They look so cool with the hatch opened in the back! .* That is the first pics I have seen with the hatch opened.* Good catch!
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2008, 10:37 PM   #3
Palbay
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW X3

X Drive 50i Pic's

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenard View Post
They look so cool with the hatch opened in the back! .* That is the first pics I have seen with the hatch opened.* Good catch!
Thanks for the nice comments.I'm jealous of your 50i on order!!! Congratulations on that order Wish it were me. Got to burn a little more time on my X3 lease. PalBay
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2008, 08:58 PM   #4
shenard
Captain
Rep
Drives: '09 X6 50i AW

Garage List
2009 BMW X6 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palbay View Post
Thanks for the nice comments.I'm jealous of your 50i on order!!! Congratulations on that order Wish it were me. Got to burn a little more time on my X3 lease. PalBay
Thanks.* I was all set and ready to order a 335 and then I saw all of the spy pics you took and was and quickly canceled my order and changed to the X6
Appreciate 0