F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Need buyding advice - 435i Xdrive Cpe
GetBMWParts

11-15-2015, 04:32 PM   #1
RA123
Rep
Drives: BMW 440xi, Audi Q7

Need buyding advice - 435i Xdrive Cpe

I am in the market to buy a new 2015 or 2016 435i Xdrive Cpe. I drive less than 5K miles a year so I am looking to buy it. I am coming from 20 years of owning Japanese cars.

1) I am wondering whether the 435i is reliable enough for me to purchase and plan to keep it 10 years+. What are opinions of owners who've had both + and - experiences? I am just worried about the possibility of having a possessed car where it will make me cringe about me decision to commit to a $50k car.

2) Should I buy the car, or lease it first to make sure it is not a lemon?

3) I found a black/black 2015 435i Xdrive Coupe (MPPK, Msport, Cold Weather, Driver Assistance, Premium, Technology, Harmon Kardon, Black Kidney Grills) with a sticker for $63,515, and the dealer is offering it for $55700. It is important to note there is no adaptive M suspension and it has a standard exhaust. Is this a good deal or it it too high for a 2015 model?

I am looking to pull the trigger in the next 1-2 days.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2015, 10:05 PM   #2
RA123
Rep

bump
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2015, 11:44 PM   #3
5ilver-5amurai
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by RA123 View Post
I am in the market to buy a new 2015 or 2016 435i Xdrive Cpe. I drive less than 5K miles a year so I am looking to buy it. I am coming from 20 years of owning Japanese cars.

1) I am wondering whether the 435i is reliable enough for me to purchase and plan to keep it 10 years+. What are opinions of owners who've had both + and - experiences? I am just worried about the possibility of having a possessed car where it will make me cringe about me decision to commit to a $50k car.

2) Should I buy the car, or lease it first to make sure it is not a lemon?

3) I found a black/black 2015 435i Xdrive Coupe (MPPK, Msport, Cold Weather, Driver Assistance, Premium, Technology, Harmon Kardon, Black Kidney Grills) with a sticker for $63,515, and the dealer is offering it for $55700. It is important to note there is no adaptive M suspension and it has a standard exhaust. Is this a good deal or it it too high for a 2015 model?

I am looking to pull the trigger in the next 1-2 days.
First thing's first - if you are leasing or financing, if the 2015 has an interest rate at least 2 points lower than the 2016, then get the 2015. Since there are no styling changes, the cost savings are great.

1) No one knows this because the longest anyone has owned one is about 2 years. If you are looking to buy a car that will last you 10+ years with minimal problems, you're barking up the wrong tree with BMW. As much as I love BMW, I readily accept that a Japanese luxury vehicle is likely to give me less problems down the road.

2) Honestly, I always lease for this exact reason. When I calculate the total amount paid if I lease a vehicle and buy it out vs if I finance it, the price difference has always been about 1k to 2k for me. I would rather pay that money knowing that I have the option to bail on it if it is a lemon or has had major work done...I'd rather not be stuck with a car that has a terrible car history report.

3) The discount seems pretty great. The stock exhaust is actually plenty loud, including the burble you get when you put it in Sport+ and Manual shifting. I am however concerned about it not having adaptive M suspension...the adaptive M suspension is one of my top 3 fav features this car has. Drive a car with and without it and judge for yourself. I know you're ready to pull the trigger, but make sure you make an informed decision and are left satisfied.

Good luck man, let me know how it goes.
Appreciate 2
      11-16-2015, 09:53 AM   #4
raqautle
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '17 340i X-Drive M Sport EBII

Garage List
For the 10 years, it's impossible to tell, the engine has been around for 6 years so we have a good idea about that and it has a good track record, any problems have been sorted out by now, 10 years down the road, I think it'll be good, besides, your doing less than 5k a year, that's 50k in 10 years
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2015, 11:19 AM   #5
RA123
Rep

I know I am going to have to pay for repairs. Even with my Acura there were drive shaft issues twice that came up at the 4 and 9 year mark, and it had less than 66k miles on it.

I just can't see myself getting a lexus or infiniti anymore. I am going to lease the 435i first. It already has mppk installed so that makes me even more eager to get it. Sadly it doesn't have adaptive m suspension, but I will not take it to a track.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2015, 04:11 PM   #6
eluded
2JZ-GTE
Bulgaria
Rep
Drives: 340 6MT, 50e, others

Did you get your car yet? German + AWD + Turbocharged = not good reliability prognosis but we all like gambling
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2015, 04:27 PM   #7
tboooe
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F36 428i GC, E36 M3 - gone :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ilver-5amurai View Post

2) Honestly, I always lease for this exact reason. When I calculate the total amount paid if I lease a vehicle and buy it out vs if I finance it, the price difference has always been about 1k to 2k for me. I would rather pay that money knowing that I have the option to bail on it if it is a lemon or has had major work done...I'd rather not be stuck with a car that has a terrible car history report.
Dont want to start a war on if leasing or buying is better. For me I also think leasing makes more sense because I dont know what I am going to need/afford/want in 2 years in terms of cars. The only car I have ever purchased was the minivan when I kids were first born. There was no turning back with kids so I knew the minivan would be required for many years (8 years to be exact).

2015 428i GC - Alpine White - Coral Red - M Sport
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2015, 04:34 PM   #8
ronanz
Gettin It Figured Out
United_States
Rep
Drives: 435i FBO PS2 bm3 w/ options

Quote:
Originally Posted by tboooe View Post
Dont want to start a war on if leasing or buying is better. For me I also think leasing makes more sense because I dont know what I am going to need/afford/want in 2 years in terms of cars. The only car I have ever purchased was the minivan when I kids were first born. There was no turning back with kids so I knew the minivan would be required for many years (8 years to be exact).
Whoa! You put that in print!! I feel ya tho, I was a single parent (minus the mini van )

Just kidding ya!

My Build Thread can be found HERE
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2015, 05:04 PM   #9
tboooe
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F36 428i GC, E36 M3 - gone :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronanz View Post
Whoa! You put that in print!! I feel ya tho, I was a single parent (minus the mini van )

Just kidding ya!

I feel ya about the single parent thang...I actually used to have an Audi S5 convertible but it was tough seeing my kiddos crammed back in the miniscule rear seats. The GC was my attempt to get a family car while trying to remain a somewhat cool single dad. Not sure if I succeeded???

2015 428i GC - Alpine White - Coral Red - M Sport
Appreciate 1
      11-17-2015, 05:07 PM   #10
ronanz
Gettin It Figured Out
United_States
Rep
Drives: 435i FBO PS2 bm3 w/ options

Quote:
Originally Posted by tboooe View Post
I feel ya about the single parent thang...I actually used to have an Audi S5 convertible but it was tough seeing my kiddos crammed back in the miniscule rear seats. The GC was my attempt to get a family car while trying to remain a somewhat cool single dad. Not sure if I succeeded???
Absolutely did!! Good on you!

My Build Thread can be found HERE
Appreciate 2