E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Bluetooth stopped working on CAR. Disappeared from menu. E90 LCI

11-13-2015, 10:13 AM   #1
dsantos08
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

Bluetooth stopped working on CAR. Disappeared from menu. E90 LCI

Ok. I've decided to create my own thread to address this issue. I know I've posted in an another thread about my issue but my posts were misguided there because I didn't know my car was already equipped with BT. So it changes everything and I think it would be easier to address my BT issue in it's own thread. I've done a lot of research on the forums and online about my bluetooth issue, and I still can't figure out what's going on. It's driving me crazy.

Issue: There is no option on the radio to pair bluetooth on my car. When hit menu on my professional radio, only 3 icons pop up: COMP, CONFIG, BMW. There is no option for TEL or BT.

Here is the background:

-Bought a used 2011 328i E90 from a dealership. Verified with previous owner that bluetooth phone connectivity was working on the car before he traded it in. He mentioned he used it all the time.
-Looked into the trunk, only Combox present. No TCU or MULF. I think the combox handles everything in my configuration.
-Bluetooth antenna present under the steering column. I unplugged it and replugged it.
-Discovered that Most diagnostic port module under the drivers side was hanging off the bottom panel when I bought the car. I pushed the module back up into the panel. Thought it was weird it was hanging off.
-USB works just fine with my radio. My iphone charges and shows up on the radio. So I'm assuming the radio and combox are communicating.

Actions I've done so far:

-Unplugged negative terminal from battery for 10 mins.
-Checked the fuses in the glovebox related to the radio funciton, including #17
-Checked all the connections on the Combox.
-Brought it to an indy shop, they said the autologix was giving an error and could not communicate with the main radio control.

Possible causes that I've come up with (just assumptions):

-Broken MOST loop. But the usb functions fine, so if it was broken wouldn't everything off the loop not work?
-Software or Coding issue. Could a coding issue cause the TEL icon to not show up under menu? I found it weird that the previous owner was using BT before the car was traded in. Then when the dealership sold the car, the BT stopped working and the icon disappeared from the menu. What would cause this? Is it possible the dealer service tech did something to the car coding or hardware to make BT functionality disappear when the car was reconditioned before selling it?
-Broken BT antenna. Would this cause the TEL icon to disappear from the radio?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm also located in Los Angeles if anyone wants to help me out.

Attached photos: The menu function on my radio, my combox connections, and my car VIN configuration.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-24-2015, 09:13 AM   #2
dsantos08
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

Bump. Anyone know how I can get the BT icon to show up on my radio again?
Appreciate 0