E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Help to make lci paddles work on pre lci

11-10-2015, 01:47 PM   #1
Gigitomma89
Dr.
Italy
Rep
Drives: bmw F83 M4

Garage List
Help to make lci paddles work on pre lci

Hello!
I ordered a couple of paddles from a web seller and I was pretty sure to have ordered the m3 dot paddle shifters, but my bad it was the Lci paddles. (In the picture above).
Now is there any chance to get this work with my 2008 steptronic 335i?
Or if someone here sells m3 dct paddles shifter for a reasonable price...

Regards to all the community
L.T.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-10-2015, 09:16 PM   #2
wildcatcrazy
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Garage List
2009 335i  [0.00]
They should work, but may not fit your cutouts. I'm running a DCT M3 wheel on my 335i.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2015, 07:07 AM   #3
NightStalker
Rep
Drives: Audi

Search, I can't find the thread I posted in but I installed it...requires making threading to support the new mounts and some wire soldering
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2015, 09:15 AM   #4
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535xi

This thread has all the info you'll need

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=540684
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2015, 09:32 AM   #5
stashtrey
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 08 E90 335xi TiAg

Garage List
Are you upgrading existing push/pull paddles already in your car? If you don't have previous/existing paddles you'll need to get or build a harness which runs from your gear selector/center console to your steering column.

Making the LCI paddles work on a pre LCI requires soldering the boards boards by removing one resistor from each and soldering that space. You then need to move the position of the two wires on each paddle to get the ground in the right slot.

I was successful doing this a while back. I'll dig up the pics I took of the wiring positions on the paddles that need to be moved.

I have crude soldering skills and very little electrical and was able to get this sorted. Just be patient

The last post on the first page of the thread referenced above is exactly what I followed to make mine work. Absolutely perfect DIY and saved my bacon. Was getting ready to buy modified paddles from that Nexon company for $300+.

You still need the harness from center console gear selector to the steering column if your car is not fitted with the pre LCI paddles already. BMS sells one I believe. You can also make one and there is a thread somewhere of someone's DIY.
Appreciate 1
      11-12-2015, 11:07 AM   #6
Gigitomma89
Dr.
Italy
Rep

Garage List
Thank you all for the tips!
Well I am upgrading push/pull steptronic paddles so my car does have paddles since birth.
I compared the screws of these with the push/pull step paddles and they seems to be the same.. If I am not wrong..
About soldering, can you tell me exactly where to cut and where to merge?
Do I need other harness?
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2016, 05:07 PM   #7
Gigitomma89
Dr.
Italy
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by stashtrey View Post
Are you upgrading existing push/pull paddles already in your car? If you don't have previous/existing paddles you'll need to get or build a harness which runs from your gear selector/center console to your steering column.

Making the LCI paddles work on a pre LCI requires soldering the boards boards by removing one resistor from each and soldering that space. You then need to move the position of the two wires on each paddle to get the ground in the right slot.

I was successful doing this a while back. I'll dig up the pics I took of the wiring positions on the paddles that need to be moved.

I have crude soldering skills and very little electrical and was able to get this sorted. Just be patient

The last post on the first page of the thread referenced above is exactly what I followed to make mine work. Absolutely perfect DIY and saved my bacon. Was getting ready to buy modified paddles from that Nexon company for $300+.

You still need the harness from center console gear selector to the steering column if your car is not fitted with the pre LCI paddles already. BMS sells one I believe. You can also make one and there is a thread somewhere of someone's DIY.
UP!
Appreciate 0