F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Yet another "I Ordered a 340i xDrive 6MT today" thread! Mid-Winter PCD?
proTUNING Freaks

11-02-2015, 11:05 PM   #1
MomoM3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: X7 M50i | M2 CS | X5 35i

Yet another "I Ordered a 340i xDrive 6MT today" thread! Mid-Winter PCD?

Ah... it's been a few years since I ordered a BMW and the wait is already killing me!

Here's what I ordered...

2016 340i xDrive
6 Speed Manual Transmission (I'm so excited about a manual)
Alpine White on Coral Red Dakota
Brushed Aluminum trim
Cold Weather Package ZCW
Driver Assistance Package ZDA
Driver Assistance Plus ZDB
Lighting Package ZLP
M Sport Package ZMP
Technology Package ZTP
Track Handling Package ZTR
19" Style 442 wheels
Black Kidney Grills Z06

Dealer gave me a production number but no build date. They also said it was at least 10 weeks out. The build still looks jumbled up on bmwusa.com as expected since it was just entered.

Is the lead time really 10 weeks?

I am considering PCD in Spartanburg but with my car being ready anywhere from mid December to early January I'm afraid of catching bad weather with the summer tires during my trek back up to Pennsylvania. Has anyone done PCD in the middle of winter?

No doubt PCD is worth it and I'll probably regret it if I don't but the winter weather during a 10 hour, 650 mile trip back up to the northeast is spooking me a bit.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2015, 01:18 AM   #2
Lcfcno1fan
Private
Rep
Drives: 435d xdrive msport

.....and waiting 12 weeks will seem like a lifetime :-/

It's no different here in the UK either:

My 435 took 3 months in the spring of this year and a friend has just ordered a 340 which is also 3 months. BMW as we know (along with other European premium marques) are all doing pretty well at the moment so you will have to wait a while - also seems one of the biggest for us is not just the manufacturing process but also getting the space on transporters across the North Sea.

So I suggest you take up knitting or something to pass the time until the car arrives......it will be worth it in the end and you may also have a nice scarf for the winter :-)
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2015, 09:22 AM   #3
paul e
Captain
Rep
Drives: 340i xDrive 6MT

I just ordered a 340i xDrive as well.

I asked about PCD. I was told that they are doing some modifications to the track or similar and that PCD is not available until mid February. I didn't want to wait. But it turns out my local BMW dealer does do "tour days" where you book a seat on their bus and you go up there for the day. You get the factory tour AND you get to do the track deal but you get more time on the track. No free overnight stay at the hotel with dinner though. But the tour day cost is $0, so I signed up for that instead.
Appreciate 0