THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Suspension | Chassis | Brakes Suspension differences between factory tire options

10-26-2015, 11:02 PM   #1
Mervin
Rep
Drives: M235i xDrive

Garage List
Suspension differences between factory tire options

While researching how I made a poor decision going with the RFTs on my 16 235 I saw mention of the suspension being tuned differently between the tire options.

If I buy a set of staggered wheels and put PSS on them, how different will the suspension actually feel compared to if I had ordered correctly from the get go?

Thank you for your help.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2015, 08:47 AM   #2
OpenAir
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Enzo F23 228i

Garage List
2015 BMW 228i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilburb View Post
While researching how I made a poor decision going with the RFTs on my 16 235 I saw mention of the suspension being tuned differently between the tire options.

If I buy a set of staggered wheels and put PSS on them, how different will the suspension actually feel compared to if I had ordered correctly from the get go?

Thank you for your help.
Not sure where you found that information, but I have never seen anything on individual suspension tunes for specific tires. If this were true, you could/should never change tire configurations.

RFT's have more "bounce" than normal tires and as such they change the way the car handles. Changing to a normal or regular tire will firm up the ride and tighten the handling of the car.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2015, 09:41 PM   #3
Mervin
Rep
Drives: M235i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenAir View Post
Not sure where you found that information, but I have never seen anything on individual suspension tunes for specific tires. If this were true, you could/should never change tire configurations.

RFT's have more "bounce" than normal tires and as such they change the way the car handles. Changing to a normal or regular tire will firm up the ride and tighten the handling of the car.
Awesome! Thanks for the help. I think it was somewhere on these forums, but I don't remember anymore.
Appreciate 0