E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Annoying right turn signal issue

10-16-2015, 01:33 PM   #1
90rr
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i

Annoying right turn signal issue

Hi everyone,
I did lots of research which contributed to all testing but issue is still here. Hope someone can shed some light on my problem.

I have an issue with right turn signal light (simple halogen lights on 07 328I) . It doesn't work at all. Bulb is OK.

I am pretty sure that problem is either socket or contacts inside of the headlight . When it happened first time it was enough just to tap a headlight to fix it. Then, after some time I needed to wiggle socket and it was connecting on 3/4 of the full socket lock.
Now, nothing works. I used small screwdriver to push socket contacts out hoping ill get some connection. It didn't help. Got socket from the left side which didn't work as well. Put left socket/bulb back then both stopped... it took lots of adjusting before started working. I notice both sockets are burnt on the side.
I am ordering new socket (part#63117159571) and OEM light-bulb. I hope this will fix the issue. If this fails issue is in the headlight. No idea how to approach this

Also , I used turn signal 12V bulbs from auto-zone to replace OEM. Not sure if this caused all overheating and melting of the socket or internal parts in actual headlight.

Thank you in advance !
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2015, 06:03 PM   #2
PhaseP
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 325XI

Use contact cleaner spray on them, both the bulb and the socket.
Appreciate 0