E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > iPod integration cable failed

10-06-2015, 04:53 PM   #1
TaTaToothy
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i and 2002 M3

iPod integration cable failed

I have a 2006 330i and have used a 6FL iPod integration cable since I got the car in 2008. Recently it has been failing, and I think it's on its way out. First it started stopping during playback, and seemed not to be connecting properly to the iPod (which stopped showing the roundel on its screen). Now it basically never works, and the head unit shows either "CD Error" or "No Magazine" when I try selecting the iPod connection.

I have tried using an anti-static brush to thoroughly clean out the jack on the iPod and the cable itself. I also tried replacing the iPod itself. Neither thing worked.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Am I basically stuck having the dealer install a replacement?

Thanks!

2002 M3 - 6MT - Jet Black over black leather - Xenon, power seats and H/K - no sunroof
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2015, 07:11 PM   #2
techwhiz
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 335i Sedan - Arctic

Maybe contact cleaner?
Maybe cable is going bad?
If you pull up the armrest and are good with a soldering iron, you might be ble to put a new jack in.
Arctic Metallic\CF Splitters, Spoiler, Mirror Covers\LED Tails\LSD\Tinted\Coded\Apex Square SM10-19"\LED Angel Eyes\Gloss Black Grill\Integrated V1 & Galaxy Tab\M-Performance Brakes\Cobb Tuned\xHP Flash\Resonator Removed and -> is your friend.
Appreciate 0