E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Cars for Sale > 2006 325i (Needs Electrical Work)

09-30-2015, 02:34 AM   #1
zigsman
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 E92; 2006 330i E90

2006 325i (Needs Electrical Work)

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
USD 7,500.00

Or Best Offer

Item Interest
2006 BMW 325I, CLEAN TITLE in hand, Needs electrical work:
All "reasonable" offers will be entertained.

Might be good as a track car if there's no need for communications/coding.

Here are the details:

Alpine White
Tan Interior
Premium Package
Automatic Transmission
Leather Steering Wheel
Smokers Package (Car does NOT smell of smoke)
BMW Professional Radio

Purchased vehicle as a project (not running when I purchased it). Car is in good mechanical and cosmetic condition now, (runs, drive-able) however, it still needs some electrical/programming work prior to passing emissions and obtaining registration. There is no communication with the vehicle's on-board computers through the OBD port and I cannot get that working, so I cannot clear codes and the vehicle will not pass emissions until this issue is resolved.

Current issues:
- No computer communication through OBD (cannot read/clear codes or program/code the vehicle or modules)
- Airbag light on (seats removed for interior cleaning, code can be reset once communication is re-established)
- DSC Light on (I was unable to diagnose this prior to loosing communications)
- Crack in windshield
- A/C blows cold on driver side but hot on passenger side (I think it's a blend door but couldn't troubleshoot due to lack of communication)

New/Replaced items on the vehicle:
- DME (engine computer, remanufactured)
- CAS (used)
- Starter
- VANOS
- Valve Cover Gasket & Hardware
- Oil Separator and hoses
- Battery (new 4/2014)
- Junction Box (needs to be coded)
- Drive Belt
- Timing Chain
- Timing Gears
- Engine Oil Pan Gasket
- Vacuum Pump
- Camshaft Sensors
- Crankshaft Sensor
- Intake Manifold Gaskets
- Engine Oil Filter
- Misc Relays
- Misc light bulbs
- Many other misc interior parts

Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-06-2015, 04:37 PM   #2
dbond
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: bmw

What's the history behind this vehicle? Mileage? It sounds like it took a nice swim down the Gulf (read salt water). You should be able to communicate with JBE regardless of the state of rest of the CAN network.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2015, 07:37 AM   #3
zigsman
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 E92; 2006 330i E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbond View Post
What's the history behind this vehicle? Mileage? It sounds like it took a nice swim down the Gulf (read salt water). You should be able to communicate with JBE regardless of the state of rest of the CAN network.
I purchased it from a teen who blew the head (it was not running when I bought it), there was also no communication with the computers via OBD at that time. I fixed all the mechanical issues, replaced the DME, which restored comms, cleaned it up, and got it running. Then, I lost comms again. I purchased a re-manufactured DME from RPM Motorsports in Canada which got it running again, but it still has no communication via OBD. It currently has under 112,000 miles on it and it has a clean title, no water damage. I have been through this car, inside and out, and see no evidence of water damage. I replaced the JBE thinking that might be the issue, but still no go. I think there is an issue with the CAN network, but I don't know how to troubleshoot that.
Appreciate 0