E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Can't find bulb for angel eyes??

09-28-2015, 12:41 PM   #1
Envy Sam
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi Sedan

Can't find bulb for angel eyes??

Hello there! I am having a problem with my 2007 BMW 328xi sedan. Before anyone says anything, yes I have searched for the answer to my question. I have been looking all over the internet for like a week and no one has been able to help me. I am getting 2 error codes: CC-ID 131 and 132. Which is apparently the left and right parking lights, so I noticed my angel eyes aren't working when I turn on the parking lights. I was going to order some aftermarket replacements but I figured I should remove the burnt bulbs first to make sure I get the right ones. Problem is, I can't find them! I have looked at virtually every guide on the internet for changing angel eyes on an e90 and the setup always looks nothing like my car. Even the owner's manual for my specific car was no help whatsoever. Can anyone help me out? I will provide pictures to help, then maybe somebody can point out where I should be looking to find these darn bulbs on my car.

Pics to help...

Last edited by Envy Sam; 09-28-2015 at 01:18 PM.. Reason: resized images cause too big
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2015, 03:20 PM   #2
critical05
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 335xi 6 spd

I assume you have halogens, if so you don't have angel eyes.

That's why you can't find the bulb.

As for the side parking lights, are they LED bulbs? Try switching them back to regular filament bulbs
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2015, 03:20 PM   #3
MachWon
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i 6mt. JB4 + CDP's.

If you have halogens then I don't think you have angel eyes. On pre lci I believe you have to have xenons to get angel eyes.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2015, 03:43 PM   #4
Envy Sam
Registered
Rep

Ok maybe my terminology was incorrect, I don't have angel eyes then? But what I'm really wondering is what do I have to replace to get my corona rings working when the parking lights are on and to get rid of these 2 warnings I have when I start my car. As you can see in this pic I have my parking lights on and 3 of the rings BARELY light up and 1 on the left doesn't light up at all.

Appreciate 0
      09-28-2015, 04:05 PM   #5
fazman
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335 e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envy Sam View Post
Ok maybe my terminology was incorrect, I don't have angel eyes then? But what I'm really wondering is what do I have to replace to get my corona rings working when the parking lights are on and to get rid of these 2 warnings I have when I start my car. As you can see in this pic I have my parking lights on and 3 of the rings BARELY light up and 1 on the left doesn't light up at all.

Those don't look like stock headlights to me. I think someone might have custom upgraded them by taking them apart. If that is the case and one of the custom pieces inside the headlight has failed... then you might need to get someone to take it apart and redo it all again. Might just be cheaper to get LCI bi-xenon's used?
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2015, 04:15 PM   #6
Envy Sam
Registered
Rep

Okay, I was starting to guess they weren't stock. That explains a lot to be honest. I may look into just getting entirely new headlights. I probably just won't worry about it though as the rest of the lights work fine and it's probably not worth all the money. I just wish there was a way to delete the warnings though, the beeping annoys me every time I start the car.
Appreciate 0