F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Problem
ARMA SPEED

09-25-2015, 04:18 PM   #1
amsbmw
Captain
Rep
Drives: 3 series

Problem

Previous thread

http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...ghlight=Bumper

At harry fairbairn glasgow.

Third time today and still not fixed, they said it looks fine and thats the best they can do. I refused the car untill its fixed and got told they will cancel the hire car insurance.

Then the manager of all harry fairbairn was there to and said he "thinks" it looks fine.

I said I had pictures of the car before that it was perfect and they said that did not matter. Then when I said I will he taking this up with bmw he started taking pictures !? Lol

Not sure what to do now?

Last edited by amsbmw; 09-25-2015 at 04:52 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2015, 04:59 PM   #2
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d

You said they replaced the headlights, so maybe they're not fitted correctly which is preventing the bumper from being lined up right?
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2015, 05:23 PM   #3
amsbmw
Captain
Rep

Maybe.

Three times and now are refusing to try and sort it as it looks fine? So what can i do now
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2015, 05:46 PM   #4
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by amsbmw View Post
Maybe.

Three times and now are refusing to try and sort it as it looks fine? So what can i do now
What's wrong with it, gap uneven or just too big? Got pics?
Appreciate 1
      09-26-2015, 03:31 AM   #5
Andy30D
Captain
British Antarctic Territory
Rep
Drives: 330D M sport fully loaded

Can't you take it to a competitor BMW garage?

If they sort it you can write and rub the current dealers nose in it.

Obviously a dealer none of us here would want to deal with, and if the attitude is as bad as you say, probably will go bust soon anyway.
2004 Honda CBR 600-RR.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2015, 06:33 AM   #6
Daftasabrush
Fool
England
Rep
Drives: F31 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaston View Post
What's wrong with it, gap uneven or just too big? Got pics?
Yeah tbh it doesn't look bad from the one photo you've posted.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2015, 06:38 AM   #7
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: xxxx

Definitely needs more photos, specifically ones highlighting the actual issue.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2015, 07:09 AM   #8
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daftasabrush View Post
Yeah tbh it doesn't look bad from the one photo you've posted.
In that photo it does look uneven, but that was before the first time it went back, he hasn't explained what the problem is now though.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2015, 07:21 AM   #9
amsbmw
Captain
Rep

I will get better pics later on, the issue is the same as the first pic in the other thread.

If I go to another BMW garage will they try and fix it ?
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2015, 07:40 AM   #10
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by amsbmw
I will get better pics later on, the issue is the same as the first pic in the other thread.

If I go to another BMW garage will they try and fix it ?
Then my guess is they've fitted the passenger headlight too far forward, which is why they can't get the bumper any further back. And when you've taken it back to them they have moved the headlight as they'd then have to do the whole headlight alignment again.
Appreciate 1
      09-26-2015, 09:52 AM   #11
Daftasabrush
Fool
England
Rep
Drives: F31 340i

What gap is it exactly that you're talking about?
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2015, 02:04 PM   #12
amsbmw
Captain
Rep

Looked it more carefully today and teaston you are right headlight is more out on the drivers side. Il be adding pics now to show what I found which is got me more pissed off.

Passenger side

Drivers side

You can see a bigger gap on passenger side, then I looked at headlights like teaston said and to my horror

Drivers side

Passenger side

You can see the gap between the light and grill is bigger on the drivers side. Should be like passenger side as compared to friends

And last but not least a missing screw. The bit that screw goes into is snapped right off

Appreciate 0
      09-26-2015, 02:17 PM   #13
mmcc1972
Private
Rep
Drives: 330d F31

Quote:
Looked it more carefully today and teaston you are right headlight is more out on the drivers side. Il be adding pics now to show what I found which is got me more pissed off.

Passenger side

Drivers side

You can see a bigger gap on passenger side, then I looked at headlights like teaston said and to my horror

Drivers side

Passenger side

You can see the gap between the light and grill is bigger on the drivers side. Should be like passenger side as compared to friends

And last but not least a missing screw. The bit that screw goes into is snapped right off

Harry fairbairn are owned by Arnold Clark and are now starting to act like that crowd of incompetent idiots. When you go to see them get them to show you an unregistered car in their lot or showroom and clearly point out the differences stating that you want your car to be exactly the same as the new/unregistered one. Point out the broken screw fixing point and missing screw and tell them they have one more opportunity to fix before you take it up with BMW UK.

Involving another dealership is unlikely to resolve things as they'd want to know how the unsatisfactory gap(s) occurred in the first place, which is due to another dealerships work. I'd imagine they would refer you straight back to dealer who caused the issue.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2015, 02:22 PM   #14
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Absolutely shocking!

So what has a piece of the new headlight snapped off?

Why were the headlights replaced anyway?
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2015, 02:33 PM   #15
amsbmw
Captain
Rep

Bmw UK are already involed now as I noticed the difference while my friend came down with his car and only looked at the gap of the headlights due to teaston ( Thanks btw)

Bmw Uk have said they have spoken to dealership and that they will contact me directly to try and reslove. I said I didnt want to even talk to these idiots again but bmw have said now because they are independant ( with arnold clark) they are resposible with compaints but have said if I need any help they are there to help.

With my new finding I will be approching harry fairbairn again.

Showing another car is pointless as the boss said yday " it doesnt matter about other cars its your car " to when I offered to show the other 3 series on their fortcourt.

Not sure why the headlight is like that teaston, the old ones where chagned due to heaving small cracks on both.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2015, 03:01 PM   #16
mmcc1972
Private
Rep

Quote:
Bmw UK are already involed now as I noticed the difference while my friend came down with his car and only looked at the gap of the headlights due to teaston ( Thanks btw)

Bmw Uk have said they have spoken to dealership and that they will contact me directly to try and reslove. I said I didnt want to even talk to these idiots again but bmw have said now because they are independant ( with arnold clark) they are resposible with compaints but have said if I need any help they are there to help.

With my new finding I will be approching harry fairbairn again.

Showing another car is pointless as the boss said yday " it doesnt matter about other cars its your car " to when I offered to show the other 3 series on their fortcourt.

Not sure why the headlight is like that teaston, the old ones where chagned due to heaving small cracks on both.
Ok, so you've got yours,f a bit further forward than I had initially realised, however you've got to be telling the guy at fairbairns in no uncertain terms to wind his neck in as the clear issue is that any decent repair will have "your car" looking exactly like a new car, and if it doesn't then the repair is substandard, no good, and you don't accept it. There should be no differentiation between your car and one of the new cars, all that this idiot has done is give you clear ammunition that he accepts that he hasn't got the repair right.

You deserve better, and I'm not slating you, so tell them they're in the wrong and don't let up or let go until you're happy.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2015, 03:36 PM   #17
Bricktrix
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Audi RS5 Sportback

I was about to ask what bunch of cowboys did this, then saw your later reply.

Nuff said, it does not instil confidence in AC which is a shame as I purchased mine through the Stafford branch and they were really very good.....and from what I can make out have a good reputation, unlike many other branches.

Having said that, it was a case of right car, right price, right deal.....all for me.
I would not ( and did not) take it to them for any bodywork to be done, I'd rather pay main dealer or (as it was 3rd party claim) use insurance via main dealer to retain the BMW bodywork warranty.

Still in 2 minds if to use AC for servicing as its included and they claim to be BMW approved for it ( + is also accounted for in the GFV) or just bite the bullet and work out a deal with my local main dealer ( up in Stoke) who have been very good with me so far since having the car.
Previous BMW's owned in last 30 years: E30 C2 2.3 Alpina, E30 325i (multiples), E30 M3, E36 M3 x2, last one owned for 9 years. 11 years out, got an F36 4GC then Merc AMG C43 Coupe. Now Audi RS5 Sportback.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2015, 04:23 PM   #18
mmcc1972
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bricktrix View Post
I was about to ask what bunch of cowboys did this, then saw your later reply.

Nuff said, it does not instil confidence in AC which is a shame as I purchased mine through the Stafford branch and they were really very good.....and from what I can make out have a good reputation, unlike many other branches.

Having said that, it was a case of right car, right price, right deal.....all for me.
I would not ( and did not) take it to them for any bodywork to be done, I'd rather pay main dealer or (as it was 3rd party claim) use insurance via main dealer to retain the BMW bodywork warranty.

Still in 2 minds if to use AC for servicing as its included and they claim to be BMW approved for it ( + is also accounted for in the GFV) or just bite the bullet and work out a deal with my local main dealer ( up in Stoke) who have been very good with me so far since having the car.

Anyone with any doubt about AC selling any cars at all, see this website (http://arnoldclark.150m.com) which was called something else a few years ago but AC got it taken down, probably due to the fact that thousands of people had posts their terrible experiences in dealing with branches all across the country.
Appreciate 0