E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Instrument Cluster or something else??

09-21-2015, 10:09 PM   #1
SparklingGraphite
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Instrument Cluster or something else??

Hey E90Post,

My 06 325i recently has started acting up. It has 158,000 Kilometers on it.
The mpg (l/100km) needle goes upwards when I apply the brakes. As well the speedometer and tachometer needles move up and down slightly anytime I'm cruising at speed of below 80km/hr. They are fine when accelerating/deaccelerating just fluctuate when trying to hold a speed. This is most notable with cruise control on but it happens even when cruise control is off. Also sometimes when I'm stopped at a red light and the car is in drive the tachometer will go up and down by maybe 100-200rpm (slight, I know but just worried).

The car runs fine and I had it checked out by the mechanic and he said there was not a single electrical fault in the system. They did a battery discharge, replaced both air filter, replaced all 6 spark plugs, did brake fluid flush, coolant flush and put in a new tensioner pulley + belt and the problem is still persisting.

Just wondering if anyone has had anything similar happen. Thanks in Advance.
Appreciate 0