E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Strange coincidence: Injectors fail after plugs change: Why?

09-21-2015, 12:09 PM   #1
doru
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: e92, f25, e46, e83

Strange coincidence: Injectors fail after plugs change: Why?

Why does this happen, after one is changing plugs?
I googled it and there are lots of hits with people experiencing CEL, misfires associated with cylinder(s) right after spark plug change...
I changed the valve cover (cracked), plugs changed with similar as OE (Bosch sans the BMW tax logo), new air filter, oil change, carbon blast. Few days later, bang!!!! CEL, misfires (the idle is slightly rough, but it was like that before doing all this) with the aforementioned codes (29cc, 29cd, 29d1 29d2). Also some white smoke through the right tailpipe (pass side) when starting the car in the morning. Also, the codes are tied to the mileage, which was right when I started the car that morning. I erased them and reset adaptation values to see if there's any change, only for the codes & CEL to come back a few days later, with the mileage associated with when I cold started the car.

Why didn't I have CEL or codes when I drove with the old plugs, a cracked valve cover and carbon buildup? Because I drove like that for at least 1 month - that's how I purchased the vehicle end of this summer (2011 335is)

Car is stock....
e83 N52
e46ci M54B25 (e53 N62 - sold, R.I.P. e39 M54B30)
Appreciate 0