THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum Regional Forums CANADA Delivery Timeline

09-17-2015, 07:11 PM   #1
JChristie
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i

Delivery Timeline

Just a quick question for any fellow Ontarians regarding delivery timelines.

I ordered my MY 2016 back in June through BMW Grand River in Kitchener. Since that time, my advisor’s been doing a great job on keeping me posted regarding the vehicle’s status. It seems like after it was built, it took no time at all to be shipped from Germany to Halifax.

This past Monday (September 14) I got a call letting me know that my car had arrived in Concord. Considering it would be about a one hour drive from the railyard to the dealership by truck, I figured delivery would be imminent, possibly by the end of the week. But then today I get another call letting me know that I can expect to take delivery in another one to two weeks (September 25 – October 2). This new timeline caught me by surprise and I asked why it would take so long. I was told that depending what part of the train the car had been loaded onto, it could take some time to offload and even more time to get onto a delivery truck. Huh?

I get that not every car can be shipped out the same day it arrives, but one to two weeks? I kind of assumed that within a day or two of arrival there would be trucks shipping out the new cars to all dealerships (but my knowledge of shipping logistics is zilch).

Bottom line is I’m curious if this timeline sounds normal to other owners. From the few delivery posts I’ve read on the forums, it appears most GTA dealerships get their cars within a day or two of them arriving in Concord. Just curious if anyone else has experienced this long of a delay at the railyard. Seems funny that my car made it all the ways across the Atlantic and Canada's east coast only to be delayed in the final home stretch.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2015, 03:39 PM   #2
VIDoug
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 228i MSport,THP, PP

Garage List
2015 BMW 228i  [0.00]
Slow Train

I ordered my 228i Feb 15 and it was built by March 18. I got a call from my rep that it had arrived in Halifax around the beginning of May, and that it would arrive in Victoria early June. Upon return from vacation late June my rep found the car was still in Concord. Dealer management got a commitment to expedite the delivery which was finalized July 18. So around 10 weeks to transport across Canada and 5 months total from order to delivery. In my opinion ridiculously slow!
      10-12-2015, 11:39 AM   #3
JChristie
Private
Canada
Rep

The dealership didn’t go into specifics with me, but stated for the past few months they’ve been working with BMW Canada regarding delays at the Concord railyard. My vehicle ended up sitting at the railyard for 12 days before it got shipped out by truck. Obviously there’s some kind of logistical SNAFU when you can ship a car across the Atlantic and East Coast Provinces faster than you can get it out of a railyard. I guess I’m just lucky I don’t live all the ways on the West Coast, your wait would have driven me insane.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2015, 03:04 PM   #4
VIDoug
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 228i MSport,THP, PP

Garage List
2015 BMW 228i  [0.00]
Nutz

Well, you're right. I am crazy now [about this car]! I've had two previous BMWs delivered to Victoria in much shorter, less painful intervals. Enjoy your new ride.
      10-19-2015, 09:03 AM   #5
4AD
Rep
Drives: M3 CR42Y

Once the vehicle arrives in Halifax, as a customer can we make a request to the dealer to have the car shipped to Concord by CN rail or by truck? How long does each method take from your experience?
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2015, 11:37 AM   #6
JChristie
Private
Canada
Rep

I’ve never heard of customers being able to choose a delivery method. As far as I know all vehicles are shipped by train to the nearest distribution centre. I would imagine that shipping vehicles by truck across the Country would present quite a few logistical problems for BMW and be far more expensive.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2015, 01:04 PM   #7
4AD
Rep
Drives: M3 CR42Y

OK thanks for the reply. My car arrives in Halifax tomorrow. Got my fingers crossed that it will not be held up at the distribution centre in Concord and will be at the dealer's before end of month, can't wait to get behind the wheel!
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2015, 12:24 PM   #8
boysom
Rep
Drives: M235i

same thing happened to me. i ordered my 2016 M235i end of Jun. it's been 4 months. dealer told me i was supposed to get it 3 week of Oct, and i'm still waiting. ridiculous. what else can we do?
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2015, 09:34 PM   #9
M235Montreal
BMW Lover
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Damn, i Ordered mine on Sep 20th , this means i won't get it until spring or what ??? ,i already bought winter tires!!
Appreciate 0