F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > MPPK at 12.5k miles ?
ARMA SPEED

09-17-2015, 04:39 PM   #1
scarface27
Rep
Drives: None

MPPK at 12.5k miles ?

Hey guys

Own a 435i GC with the M kit. Love the car and have a few questions on the MPPK.

My car is about a year old and has 12.5k miles on the clock, do you think its too late to install the MPPK now as the engine already has a few miles on it ? Am afraid that i spend the $$$ and dont really feel the difference.

Appreciate your thoughts
Appreciate 1
      09-17-2015, 05:02 PM   #2
Aatish
Lofty
Rep
Drives: i4 M50, 991.2 C2, RRS Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarface27 View Post
Hey guys

Own a 435i GC with the M kit. Love the car and have a few questions on the MPPK.

My car is about a year old and has 12.5k miles on the clock, do you think its too late to install the MPPK now as the engine already has a few miles on it ? Am afraid that i spend the $$$ and dont really feel the difference.

Appreciate your thoughts
I'm pretty sure I've heard of people getting a MPPK after 2 years of ownership. Having an engine with miles on it might actually be better than installing on a fresh unit. It's all broken in, so it'll probably be able to handle the upgrade better.

As far as feeling the difference, your getting at least 30hp and 30 lb/ft with this upgrade, also, the throttle response is supposedly improved. So it should definitely feel different than stock. The exhaust also gets more snap, crackle, and pop so it should also sound different too!
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2015, 05:08 PM   #3
ronanz
Gettin It Figured Out
United_States
Rep
Drives: 435i FBO PS2 bm3 w/ options

You'll feel a difference. Although, if I had it to do all over again I would've waited for the GSR/JB4/PureTurbo Tune (wasn't released when I opted for MPPK). You'd REALLY feel the difference then!

My Build Thread can be found HERE
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2015, 10:19 PM   #4
Vegetable
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M4 MT, 2024 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarface27 View Post
Hey guys

Appreciate your thoughts
of course it's ok.. If anything, waiting the amount of time you did is a good thing as you will be able to fully feel the difference over stock. I waited 3,000 miles before I had mine installed versus having it done at port because I wanted to feel the difference. I was very happy at first and noticed the difference right off the bat..Now I want mooor! MPPK is a gateway drug for power.
      09-18-2015, 03:33 AM   #5
scarface27
Rep
Drives: None

Thanks...would i feel the MPPK even in comfort mode though ?

I usually drive in comfort more often than Sport
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2015, 07:05 AM   #6
ronanz
Gettin It Figured Out
United_States
Rep
Drives: 435i FBO PS2 bm3 w/ options

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegetable View Post
of course it's ok.. If anything, waiting the amount of time you did is a good thing as you will be able to fully feel the difference over stock. I waited 3,000 miles before I had mine installed versus having it done at port because I wanted to feel the difference. I was very happy at first and noticed the difference right off the bat..Now I want mooor! MPPK is a gateway drug for power.

LOL!! True statement!

My Build Thread can be found HERE
Appreciate 0