E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Need help!

09-15-2015, 05:56 PM   #1
Sd81
Registered
Rep
Drives: 335i

Need help!

I've recently bought a 2006 335i with nav, it's got the iPod cable in the glove box and also the aux connection in the arm rest. I want to stream music from my phone so I bought a blackberry music gateway which should plug into the aux and powered by the car charger next to the aux...

It all works and pairs with my phone but when I go to select aux through the idrive, it's not highlighted and unable to select it??

Any ideas on what to do? Have I missed something?

Cheers

Steve
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2015, 07:34 PM   #2
xcusem3
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3

You need to run a simple aux cord to your phone via the arm rest jack. 2006 model year didn't have iPod integration, I have an 07 and I have to use the aux cord, no steering wheel control though
      09-16-2015, 01:35 AM   #3
Sd81
Registered
Rep
Drives: 335i

I'm in the UK so don't know if that makes a difference with spec. It has the iPod integration which can be controlled of the steering wheel and all tracks etc listed on the screen. Even trying to use the aux cable straight into my phone doesn't let me select the aux input. For some reason it's not highlighted on screen, fm, am, dab and cd are all highlighted just not aux???

Can anyone shed any light on this for me?
Appreciate 0