F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Finally purchased an F30
proTUNING Freaks

09-13-2015, 02:47 AM   #1
KevWilson
Rep
Drives: 330d M Sport

Finally purchased an F30

Well after 2 years of lurking on this forum I have finally took the plunge and bought a 330d M Sport.
Alpine white with 19"wheels and privacy glass. Would have liked M Sport plus pack but was a cancelled order so had no input on specification. The car was 6 months old with delivery mileage and a great price so I am chuffed with my purchase.
First impressions are how well it sits on the road-full of poise.The engine is sublime and i just found that the accelerator has a final progressive inch of travel - something to try once it has run in more me thinks.
Purchased from Lloyd in Blackpool who were very helpful.

My only gripe is I can hear a light vibration on very light revs. Only when the car is moving and the engine is under light load. Once a small squeeze is applied it disappears. Sounds like its coming from engine bay but could be anywhere after reading posts on here.

Maybe a visit to local dealer is on cards. Not sure how helpful they will be though?
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2015, 07:28 AM   #2
Rbrown
Brigadier General
Scotland
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

Welcome! Hope you enjoy the car.

Get it to the dealer to get the problem sorted.

Ask to take the mechanic on a drive to show the exact problem. They will get straight to the problem - don't just explain the noise to the service desk, it will get lost in translation!
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2015, 08:37 AM   #3
KevWilson
Rep

Your right. Will pop in and see them this week. Hopefully they cover it under warranty and dont try fobbing me off !
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2015, 09:09 AM   #4
DarrenL_007
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F36 430d xDrive M Sport GC

Garage List
Welcome! Alpine white looks fantastic.

Any pics?
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2015, 09:25 AM   #5
Daftasabrush
Fool
England
Rep
Drives: F31 340i

The description sounds like the usual diesel clattery-ness they do under light load. Not a lot that can be done from what I've read on the forums.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2015, 11:56 AM   #6
ukbeemerboy
Beemer Heaven
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daftasabrush View Post
The description sounds like the usual diesel clattery-ness they do under light load. Not a lot that can be done from what I've read on the forums.
Agreed, mine does it. Perfectly normal

2018 BMW M4 Competition
2019 Mini Countryman Cooper S : 2008 Mini Cooper
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2015, 12:16 PM   #7
pdk42
Eh? Team member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Yep - they do that. Some people hardly notice it, but for some it's very annoying. I found myself in the latter group - which is why I sold mine and bought a 335i! However, you can't argue about the performance, power and smoothness aside from this. It's a great car and I'm sure you'll love.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2015, 12:02 AM   #8
KevWilson
Rep

Quote:
Wouldn't mind sitting in someone else's then to see if it's normal. If I take it to dealer and they say it's normal would they charge me for looking at it seeing as it's would not be a warranty issue?
Bearing in mind I didn't purchase from them.!
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2015, 12:31 AM   #9
rich100
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F31 320i Xdrive msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevWilson
Quote:
Wouldn't mind sitting in someone else's then to see if it's normal. If I take it to dealer and they say it's normal would they charge me for looking at it seeing as it's would not be a warranty issue?
Bearing in mind I didn't purchase from them.!
I wouldn't have thought so, you're only asking them to look at and opine on a possible issue that you have identified. The warranty is good any dealer so where you bought the car shouldn't have any bearing in this.

Several of the guys on here have bought either. From Riaz in Watford or via a broker rather from local dealers .

Welcome to the forum
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2015, 04:21 AM   #10
Ti Rich
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Porsche Macan S D

Worth trying some BP Ultimate fuel as well. That certainly helps with the Diesel clatter noise.
Appreciate 0