E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > I have had no audio for 6 months - need advice from the experts on this diagnosis

09-05-2015, 01:32 PM   #1
wisco
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 07 E92 328XI / 07 E93 335I

I have had no audio for 6 months - need advice from the experts on this diagnosis

07 E93 with IDRIVE, Bluetooth, Logic7

Finally decided to go all out and tackle this issue.

Started out with these symptoms:

-SOS malfunction
-AUX greyed out
-No sound from the speakers - no music, no chime, gong etc.
-No communication with the TCU
-Could select FM / AM / CD stations / tracks.

So last night (or rather this morning around 7am) I found the most bus terminal near the driver knee bolster was disconnected. I have a laser jammer module installed in that area and I must have left the most bus connector disconnected by accident.

I plugged it back in and restarted the car. Now my SOS is working fine, the AUX is once again available as an option and not greyed out. Everything is working great EXCEPT no chime / gong or any other sound from the speakers. The FM / AM / CD and AUX all function normally. I can select stations etc. Just no sound from the speakers. I bypassed the Bluetooth and TCU module with a most jumper - no change in sound. I turned off the vehicle and reset the CCC after each time I bypassed the units. No change. I am in the process of modifying the most jumper that I have (from an M6) - to grind off the housing so it will fit into the Logic7 HiFi AMP most connection. I have not yet bypassed the amp. I have checked all the fuses - literally pulled every single fuse out of the fuse panel one by one and they all looked good. I have disconnected the battery many times. No luck. There is no evidence of corrosion in the trunk area. Also want to add that once the SOS error went away I did go into the bluetooth menu on the idrive and delete any phones that were previously paired as a precaution.

I have spent hours researching. I did run across a youtube video on an E60 M5 where the guy states that he fixed his problem by putting the key in the key slot, putting the lights on, pulling the radio fuses out, then while all that is going on (lights on, key in, fuses out) to disconnect the negative battery cable for 5 min. Sounds like a wifes tale but apparently the guys in his forum advised him of the procedure. Sounds a bit like system shock.

What are next steps? Has anyone seen this before? The most system is complete because I do not have the SOS function and the AMP is emitting light on the output connector.

Appreciate 0
      09-06-2015, 10:29 AM   #2
reisf
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: LBB M2

Maybe try checking the connection on the amp as well because that too is a MOST fibre connection. No sound, but everything else working is a typical sign of an amp or MOST optical loop problem. Also check pins 10 and 20 on the amp harness with a multimeter just to double check you are getting power to the amp.
Appreciate 0