F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Enzo 400R+ tune review: A Lady in the street and a Freak on the Track
Studio RSR

09-04-2015, 02:41 PM   #1
shivaswrath
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i

Talking Enzo 400R+ tune review: A Lady in the street and a Freak on the Track

It takes a lot to wow me - and if some of you have followed my build since 2012 (OG F30 335i), you'll know I'm never one to shy away from the avant garde modifications: was the first to do the M Performance suspension (what a disaster), first to do the PPK on a 2012 build (with a new DME to boot), and probably a few other experiments I'm forgetting to list

Current pre-Enzo build: M Performance PPK, LSD; Dinan CAI; ER IC and CP.
Editor's note: I have a weird fuel injector/fuel pump issue.

List of things to do in Enzo's Garage:
ER DP (with a 200 cell cat, because I'm a tree hugger at heart)
Enzo Tune

Time in: 8am
Time out: 12pm (I was second in line, it took Frank 2 hours to do my car, which is unfreakinbelievably fast for WHAT he had to do)

Initial impression: WTF.I was floored at how different everything was performance wise...the throttle tip in was more aggressive with the PPK, but the tune took it to another level in comfort, and Sport mode was simply ear to ear grinning.

Full throttle is scary fast - if I take it to a drag strip, I'm sure I'll be in the 12's in the 1/4. At Lime Rock, I'm assuming several second shaved off because I usually only hit 118-121mph on the back straight - I'm sure I'll hit it earlier, and possibly hit my speed limiter with this tune!

The power is progressive and linear, and some mild lag that I have is probably due to my IC, not the tune. The new DP certainly helped cure MOST of that, but don't kid yourself, this isn't an M3 twin turbo with water cooled IC

Now for some pictures...how the f do you take pictures of a tune? LOL, here are a few snaps from the shop, and some swag I acquired,

Conclusion: RUN to go and get this. Enzo went to Germany to learn how to do these tunes SPECIFIC to our cars, and has dyno/road tested them. Most of the other tunes that are now being flashed are off the shelf ones from the base tune acquired from Germany...of course, each tuner will have different outcomes/safety parameters/AFR's, but I'll have to say that I'm ecstatic with the outcomes. The free install is also a huge plus - pulling the ECU isn't easy, since it sits under the manifold and there is a lot of unclipping/unscrewing involved.

The shop itself is one of the nicest I've been to...you feel like a mere mortal amongst car gods, with a lambo and mclaren on either side of your car (not to mention an M4 that was just pulled off the stand). The italian espresso and comfortable/great lounge area made the wait go by fast - Frank was a a ninja with his impact gun, and managed to work with the fabrication team to create a strong clamp between my DP and the stock exhaust (the original one was rusted beyond belief, warning to those in the Northeast!) And that's why it's kind of nice being in a shop that can fabricate/weld ON the spot.

M Performance Exhaust/Brakes/Suspension/LSD|Bav Stage 1/AMP||ER CP/IC/DP/OC | Dinan CAI/N55 PWG BIG TURBO|BMWF30.com
Appreciate 5
DVC558.00
      09-04-2015, 04:26 PM   #2
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivaswrath View Post
It takes a lot to wow me - and if some of you have followed my build since 2012 (OG F30 335i), you'll know I'm never one to shy away from the avant garde modifications: was the first to do the M Performance suspension (what a disaster), first to do the PPK on a 2012 build (with a new DME to boot), and probably a few other experiments I'm forgetting to list

Enzo Tune

Time out: 12pm (I was second in line, it took Frank 2 hours to do my car, which is unfreakinbelievably fast for WHAT he had to do)

Initial impression: WTF.I was floored at how different everything was performance wise...the throttle tip in was more aggressive with the PPK, but the tune took it to another level in comfort, and Sport mode was simply ear to ear grinning.

Full throttle is scary fast - if I take it to a drag strip, I'm sure I'll be in the 12's in the 1/4. At Lime Rock, I'm assuming several second shaved off because I usually only hit 118-121mph on the back straight - I'm sure I'll hit it earlier, and possibly hit my speed limiter with this tune!

The power is progressive and linear, and some mild lag that I have is probably due to my IC, not the tune. The new DP certainly helped cure MOST of that, but don't kid yourself, this isn't an M3 twin turbo with water cooled IC

Now for some pictures...how the f do you take pictures of a tune? LOL, here are a few snaps from the shop, and some swag I acquired,

Conclusion: RUN to go and get this. Enzo went to Germany to learn how to do these tunes SPECIFIC to our cars, and has dyno/road tested them. Most of the other tunes that are now being flashed are off the shelf ones from the base tune acquired from Germany...of course, each tuner will have different outcomes/safety parameters/AFR's, but I'll have to say that I'm ecstatic with the outcomes. The free install is also a huge plus - pulling the ECU isn't easy, since it sits under the manifold and there is a lot of unclipping/unscrewing involved.

The shop itself is one of the nicest I've been to...you feel like a mere mortal amongst car gods, with a lambo and mclaren on either side of your car (not to mention an M4 that was just pulled off the stand). The italian espresso and comfortable/great lounge area made the wait go by fast - Frank was a a ninja with his impact gun, and managed to work with the fabrication team to create a strong clamp between my DP and the stock exhaust (the original one was rusted beyond belief, warning to those in the Northeast!) And that's why it's kind of nice being in a shop that can fabricate/weld ON the spot.
Glad to hear you had first class treatment. This sounds very exciting and promising. ENZO has a group buy coming up, I may be jumping in on this. Thanks for sharing.
      09-04-2015, 05:52 PM   #3
jcruz3
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i AW

I'm sold..thanks for the write up!
Appreciate 1
      09-04-2015, 07:49 PM   #4
shivaswrath
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd1981
Quote:

Enzo Tune

Glad to hear you had first class treatment. This sounds very exciting and promising. ENZO has a group buy coming up, I may be jumping in on this. Thanks for sharing.
Dd-group buy is open and on! Check out either my regional forum post (northeast) or go to their website which can link you to further details?

M Performance Exhaust/Brakes/Suspension/LSD|Bav Stage 1/AMP||ER CP/IC/DP/OC | Dinan CAI/N55 PWG BIG TURBO|BMWF30.com
Appreciate 1
      09-04-2015, 08:56 PM   #5
jcruz3
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i AW

Haha my will is being tested...and I can't make the 18th...:/
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2015, 07:17 AM   #6
obriennathaniel
@obriennathaniel_f30 on Instagram
United_States
Rep
Drives: 582whp/596wtq '13 335i

Can't wait till these guys can tune for a Pure S2 and get into the high 500's like the jb4 can.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2015, 10:17 AM   #7
shivaswrath
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by obriennathaniel
Can't wait till these guys can tune for a Pure S2 and get into the high 500's like the jb4 can.
If there is one shop that I would trust to do a pure turbo install and tune, it would be Info@EnzoPerformance

Appreciate 0
      09-06-2015, 12:14 AM   #8
obriennathaniel
@obriennathaniel_f30 on Instagram
United_States
Rep
Drives: 582whp/596wtq '13 335i

Quote:
If there is one shop that I would trust to do a pure turbo install and tune, it would be Info@EnzoPerformance
Oh mine is already done, getting a BEF in a few weeks from Eurocharged. Their first BEF is how i hit 560whp/540wtq. Now that I have colder plugs, new DV+ and tires, and E60 mix instead of 93, i should be pretty close to 600, hopefully

CG Precision VS-1 Exhaust\DR-1 DownPipe | PS2 Turbo\Inlet | PDU PI w/Fuel-it platinum kit & E sensor | GFB DV+ Diverter Valve | BM3 w/AIC2-V|Tune CaryTheLabelGuy | Full E85 | ATM FMIC | ER Chargepipe Inlet/Outlet | AFE Intake | BC Coilovers | PSS 255/40-275/35 Velos Designwerks S3 two piece 19x9/19x10 | Osram Xenarc | LED retro | AWRON digital AC gauge|

Last edited by obriennathaniel; 09-07-2015 at 06:00 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2015, 07:25 AM   #9
G30 B58
Pace Car Driver
Rep
Drives: '22 AW G30 B58 M-Sport

Stop quoting with pictures FFS.
Appreciate 1
      09-06-2015, 06:04 PM   #10
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivaswrath
Quote:
Originally Posted by dd1981
Quote:

Enzo Tune

Dd-group buy is open and on! Check out either my regional forum post (northeast) or go to their website which can link you to further details?
Yep I'm in I sent them my info.
      09-09-2015, 10:16 AM   #11
R32DBP
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i M Sport, 2004 .:R32T

Garage List
Can't wait to get my tune done. Just waiting on my DP to arrive so I can install it before the tune. Not sure if you mentioned but do you have a 6 speed or the 8 speed auto? I have a 6 speed and I wonder if I will have issues with the added power?
Appreciate 2
      09-09-2015, 10:42 PM   #12
shivaswrath
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by R32DBP
Can't wait to get my tune done. Just waiting on my DP to arrive so I can install it before the tune. Not sure if you mentioned but do you have a 6 speed or the 8 speed auto? I have a 6 speed and I wonder if I will have issues with the added power?
8 speed auto...

Appreciate 0
      09-14-2015, 04:48 PM   #13
Info@EnzoPerformance
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10 M5 700R+

Thank you again shivaswrath for the kind words. We are thrilled you are enjoying the tune.

Cheers,
Enzo Team
Appreciate 1
      09-15-2015, 11:46 AM   #14
maddog3xx8
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335i xDrive

any videos?
      09-11-2016, 10:41 AM   #15
DVC
Diligentia Vis Celeritas
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Garage List
Not sure how I missed this last year, but I happened to be researching flash tunes, and stumbled upon this thread. Looks like you've been modding hard since we got together to with the 335s to check suspension ride quality, LSD, etc...nice work!
From a quick look at the dyno curves, I think I like the EnzoTune better than Dinan. I think I'll give them a call to talk about options...
How are you liking the tune a year later?
      09-11-2016, 12:26 PM   #16
shivaswrath
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVC View Post
Not sure how I missed this last year, but I happened to be researching flash tunes, and stumbled upon this thread. Looks like you've been modding hard since we got together to with the 335s to check suspension ride quality, LSD, etc...nice work!
From a quick look at the dyno curves, I think I like the EnzoTune better than Dinan. I think I'll give them a call to talk about options...
How are you liking the tune a year later?
Let's talk more offline - did you ever get the M2?
Tune if stock is fine, now that I've upgraded to a larger turbo, I'm not getting the support from them I need.

Appreciate 0