F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Tuner, Intake, Exhaust options
proTUNING Freaks

08-10-2015, 02:37 AM   #1
iSpool_N20
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 328i F30

Tuner, Intake, Exhaust options

I'm new to the 2013 328i F30 so I need your valuable opinions and help! I'm thinking about juicing her up a bit with a tuner, intake, blow out valve, and exhaust. Which products do you recommend? I've done a couple hours of searching but can only understand so much from reading comments and reviews.

Tuner - I saw that the JB4 tuner is quite popular with our cars. Also the Active8 looks like it was just recently released. My primary concern is the ease of installation, followed by performance. My car is still under warranty so will using this tuner void my warranty? Of course I'm going to uninstall it and revert back to original sensors before bringing it to service. Any other brands you would recommend?

Intake - Saw Injen and BMS being a popular option around here. Not really that uptight about performance gains but that would definitely be a plus. I'm really just letting the engine breathe better and hopefully hear the turbo spooling. Recommendations appreciated!

Blow out valve - Have no knowledge about this. Brand and ease of installation would be my primary concern.

Exhaust - Didn't see that many options made for the 328. Only one I'm aware of is the Active Autoworke axle-back exhaust. Again, performance comparison isn't a big issue, looking more for the nice tone. Axle back or cat back is fine. Just need some insight and brand options.

Would like to keep cost as low as possible but throw them at me anyways. Thanks in advance for your help!

Last edited by iSpool_N20; 08-10-2015 at 02:42 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2015, 03:12 AM   #2
rustyminded
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i

Injen is kouder than afe but from what i understand afe is better designed.

JB4 is best for value and options

I wouldn't recommend AA with catless as it will be too loud and there will be drone
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2015, 05:23 AM   #3
iSpool_N20
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 328i F30

Shoot just noticed I posted this in the N55 instead of the N20 section

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyminded View Post
Injen is kouder than afe but from what i understand afe is better designed.

JB4 is best for value and options

I wouldn't recommend AA with catless as it will be too loud and there will be drone
Thanks! I don't plan to go catless with the AA Sig exhaust, just axle back
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2015, 06:59 AM   #4
rustyminded
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSpool_N20 View Post
Shoot just noticed I posted this in the N55 instead of the N20 section

Thanks! I don't plan to go catless with the AA Sig exhaust, just axle back
you can go catless with oem axle back and use JB4 to open flap that way you'll get performance and sound, while doing axle back will gain mainly sound only
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2015, 11:12 AM   #5
Mike@N54Tuning.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Canada
Rep

Drives: 2007 335i, 2015 M3

JB4 for the tune all the way. Either the stage1 or the JB4 depending on plans for the car.

Mike
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2015, 10:17 AM   #6
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep
Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSpool_N20 View Post
I'm new to the 2013 328i F30 so I need your valuable opinions and help! I'm thinking about juicing her up a bit with a tuner, intake, blow out valve, and exhaust. Which products do you recommend? I've done a couple hours of searching but can only understand so much from reading comments and reviews.

Tuner - I saw that the JB4 tuner is quite popular with our cars. Also the Active8 looks like it was just recently released. My primary concern is the ease of installation, followed by performance. My car is still under warranty so will using this tuner void my warranty? Of course I'm going to uninstall it and revert back to original sensors before bringing it to service. Any other brands you would recommend?

Intake - Saw Injen and BMS being a popular option around here. Not really that uptight about performance gains but that would definitely be a plus. I'm really just letting the engine breathe better and hopefully hear the turbo spooling. Recommendations appreciated!

Blow out valve - Have no knowledge about this. Brand and ease of installation would be my primary concern.

Exhaust - Didn't see that many options made for the 328. Only one I'm aware of is the Active Autoworke axle-back exhaust. Again, performance comparison isn't a big issue, looking more for the nice tone. Axle back or cat back is fine. Just need some insight and brand options.

Would like to keep cost as low as possible but throw them at me anyways. Thanks in advance for your help!
Jb4 and AA are great tunes. There is currently a group buy on the Active 8 tune (ending tomorrow). I'd jump on that if you are interested as it's a great deal. We can't say that a mod won't void warranty but when in doubt, take it out before service.

Our most popular intake we sell for your platform is the Injen intake.

I'm assuming you mean blow off valve, there isn't one available for this car but you can upgrade your diverter valve, it would increase sound a little and increases response and avoids potential leaks. It's made by GFB.

We have a few exhaust systems for the 328, let me know your budget and anything else you are looking for out of the system.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
Appreciate 0