BMW i8 Forums BMW i8 General Discussion

08-04-2015, 12:34 PM   #1
fitmaster
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6 Convert / 2015 M3

Got a new i8 and 2 of our cars are from MI movies

Didn't realize it until a few days ago but we have two cars from 2 different Mission Impossible movies. The i8 from Ghost protocol and the M3 from the new Rouge Nation.
The i8 is just awesome and can't get over how folks flock to it whenever I drive or park it. It is the Pure Impulse World edition. Didn't order it, the dealer called us and said they have received two, if we are interested. This is our 19th BMW from this dealership. So, lucked out on getting this bad boy without waiting.
Only disappointment is after a full charge, I only get about 14 miles electric and that goes down fast. Try to drive it in Sport mode but it doesn't matter.
I ordered a Seimens 240 volt charger. Should get it this week, so we'll see if this makes a difference. If anyone has some suggestions, please let me know.
Have to say that the i8 is the BEST car we have every driven.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      08-04-2015, 02:19 PM   #2
Baron UK
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Ionic silver i8 & RR vogue v8

Fitmaster.

Join the club of

When mine first arrived 14 was all I saw. It will soon get to 17...

Latest software upgrade now shows 20 but it drops back rapidly to 17 again

Still the most "AWESOME" car in so many respects
Appreciate 1
      08-15-2015, 11:34 AM   #3
Aye-eight
Major
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitmaster View Post
Didn't realize it until a few days ago but we have two cars from 2 different Mission Impossible movies. The i8 from Ghost protocol and the M3 from the new Rouge Nation.
The i8 is just awesome and can't get over how folks flock to it whenever I drive or park it. It is the Pure Impulse World edition. Didn't order it, the dealer called us and said they have received two, if we are interested. This is our 19th BMW from this dealership. So, lucked out on getting this bad boy without waiting.
Only disappointment is after a full charge, I only get about 14 miles electric and that goes down fast. Try to drive it in Sport mode but it doesn't matter.
I ordered a Seimens 240 volt charger. Should get it this week, so we'll see if this makes a difference. If anyone has some suggestions, please let me know.
Have to say that the i8 is the BEST car we have every driven.
Congrats on the cool car. :-)

E-range, like fuel range, is very much impacted by how you drive. I get over 20 miles all the time. The charger impacts only charging speed, not range. The battery will hold what it can hold, no matter how you feed it.
Appreciate 0