Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > bent 313 rims on 2013 335is

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

08-04-2015, 12:27 AM   #1
blue e93
Registered
Rep
Drives: blue 2013 335is

bent 313 rims on 2013 335is

just venting, on my way down from orlando to Miami we were just 40 miles away and we were doing good on time because we were going 90 the way down and hadn't stopped for a break so we can get home asap which i regret so much. next to pompano beach on florida's turnpike a white ford f150 dropped a piece of 4x4 wood in front of us and since there was a car next to us we couldn't swerve over so next thing you know BOOM the passenger side front rim hit and the low tire pressure light went on. we pull over and sure enough the rim bent a good 1 inch down over a 4 inch spam. (the car still has stock bridgestone potenza re050a rft on (car only has 13000 miles) so we managed to make it home luckily. we took care of it with insurance because it would be cheaper. the car is currently at BMW and getting looked at, i still dont know what it needs exactly even tho i dont really care because insurance will cover it. so far what is needed for sure is a rim, balance and alignment, the little plastic cover under the headlight, and possibly a tire and some suspension items according to BMW. now i dont have my car for a week because service is packed.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2015, 01:49 AM   #2
h1t35t
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i Xdrive Sedan

Garage List
Brutal!
Appreciate 0