E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes > Downtown body shop recco

07-19-2015, 08:51 PM   #1
hBomb42
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i xDrive M Sport Sedan

Downtown body shop recco

My poor 335 got backed into by a semi at the Skyway tollbooth this afternoon. I'm probably gonna need a new rear passenger door. Is that a Perillo thing, or should I take it to an indy shop? I searched the forums and saw a bunch of strong reccos for A&L up in Palatine, but I'd rather not get all the way up there if I don't have to as I live in Wicker Park. Are there any good shops in the city?
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2015, 01:39 AM   #2
dbworld4k
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: '12 M3

Garage List
2002 BMW M5  [10.00]
2009 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Go to A&L. You'll be glad the work is done right instead of not wanting to make the short drive from downtown and be left with a bullshit job and endless headaches trying to fix it later.

Good body shops are hard to find, and worth the inconvenience of driving out to. There is nothing more frustrating than shoddy bodywork and trying to fix it later.
Appreciate 1
      07-20-2015, 10:28 AM   #3
hBomb42
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i xDrive M Sport Sedan

Right on. I talked to Anthony earlier this morning and am getting the ball rolling. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2015, 07:00 PM   #4
Long_Wang
Mr Wonderful
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2

yep, A&L all day every day.

If you want a good laugh, call Perillo after anthony hands you the bill for the repairs. you'll shit yourself what they try to get away with charging down there.
      08-30-2015, 02:02 PM   #5
bmwauug
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 X5MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by hBomb42 View Post
My poor 335 got backed into by a semi at the Skyway tollbooth this afternoon. I'm probably gonna need a new rear passenger door. Is that a Perillo thing, or should I take it to an indy shop? I searched the forums and saw a bunch of strong reccos for A&L up in Palatine, but I'd rather not get all the way up there if I don't have to as I live in Wicker Park. Are there any good shops in the city?
I happened to see this - everything ok??? How's the car??
      08-31-2015, 12:12 AM   #6
C ///M
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '04 M3 & '07 X3 M-Sport

Garage List
Love Anthony and A&L, but I also have to recommend BMW Collision in Schaumburg. Don Kuhlmey runs the shop now and I've turned to him for everything body related for the past 15+ years. He was an estimator at the Schaumburg location when I met him 16-17 years ago, but moved to Patrick RangeRover/Jaguar in Naperville years ago to run that shop. The past year, he was asked to return to run the BMW Collision shop in Schaumburg after previous management ran it poorly the last several years.

You simply cannot beat his discounted pricing and the work is factory like new results and always perfectly matched paint. He won't settle until you get exactly what you want. He and I go way back, so if anyone needs the best pricing possible on bodywork, PM me and I'll give you my referral info. They do everything from factory repair to wild customizations. I can't stress how much money you will save and the quality of the work.

I will be posting some custom work examples in the near future.
Appreciate 0