THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum Regional Forums USA - Southeast Need guidance - looking to purchase 2016 m235i in ATL

07-15-2015, 02:36 PM   #1
raydumasiabjj
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i

Need guidance - looking to purchase 2016 m235i in ATL

Hi Everyone,

I am new to the forum and this is my first post.

I am currently looking to purchase a 2016 m235i coupe and I have been working with Global Imports BMW in Smyrna, GA.

They didnt seem to have updated pricing on the m235i and gave me a rough cost based on the 2015 model saying the cost may go up.

I did some research and found the 2016 model price guide and order guide on here and put together my own pricing based on the options I am looking for.

They said they would give me 2% off MSRP of the 2016.

My MSRP with all the options (Metallic Grey, Coral Leather, Cold weather, driver assistance, tech package, HK, and enhanced USB) is coming to around $51,970 (includes $995 destination fee) but excludes all other fees and tax.

Questions I have:

1. How much did you pay for your 2016 m235i? (or any other MY)
2. Which dealership did you go to and can you recommend one?
3. Is 2% off msrp a good deal or do you think if I shop around I can get a better deal?

This is truly my first BMW and really my first high end car so looking for any expertise from you all.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2015, 02:32 PM   #2
SteveInfante
NewFinishColumbia/detailer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F31 xDrive

I would remove the HK sound as it's not much better than the Hi Fi Professional sound. The B&O on the other hand should be the business.

Are you ordering or buying off the lot?

Check out the configurator for the 2016 models.

http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1151180
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2015, 03:13 PM   #3
josem235i
Private
Rep
Drives: E36/F80 M3

United BMW of Rosswell is where I got mine (bought it) but picked it up doing PCD in South Carolina.. then drove back, awesome experience btw.
They gave me an awesome deal and they are great atleast from my experience! Hope it helps.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2015, 11:21 AM   #4
TiM235i
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 M235i

Garage List
2015 BMW M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by josem235i View Post
United BMW of Roswell is where I got mine (bought it) but picked it up doing PCD in South Carolina.. then drove back, awesome experience btw.
They gave me an awesome deal and they are great atleast from my experience! Hope it helps.
I have to agree with this endorsement. United Roswell is a great place to buy and much more willing to negotiate that Global. Their service is also better than Global, although only by a small margin. United did stick me in a Dodge Caliber one time -- a horrible vehicle. On the other hand, when my '07 335i was in for the HPFP replacement, they gave me an M Roadster to drive -- that made up for the Caliber!

2015 M235i
Appreciate 1
      07-17-2015, 12:39 PM   #5
raydumasiabjj
Rep

Thanks for all your input guys. I actually ended up ordering the car from Global BMW on Wednesday. In the end I made a quick decision as I work right down the street.

Its going to be a build from the factory. They said it will go in production last week of July/ first week of August and I am looking at a delivery date of September. I have the track my progress open even though it hasnt budged lol.

I ordered the following:

2016 M235i
Mineral Grey Metallic
Coral Red Leather
Cold weather
tech package
18" double spoke with summers
aluminum hex trim
HK Sound (I have heard some people like them and some dont. I listed to them in the model I test drove and they seemed good enough for me)
Enhanced USB and Bluetooth

I paid $49,570 after discounts. In total with taxes and dealer fees etc. $53,575.00. I guess either way they make their money back. I am comfortable with that and at this point have no choice but to live with it anyway

I am just looking forward to the car getting here! Hope to run into any locals soon!

I am definitely doing the SC delivery and the factory tour. Can't pass up that experience.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2015, 12:45 PM   #6
raydumasiabjj
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveInfante View Post
I would remove the HK sound as it's not much better than the Hi Fi Professional sound. The B&O on the other hand should be the business.

Are you ordering or buying off the lot?

Check out the configurator for the 2016 models.

http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1151180
Thanks for the demo link to the build your own!
I am glad I went with the Mineral Grey and the Orbit Grey rims. Looks like a good combo. Time to start looking at all the M performance parts.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2015, 12:55 PM   #7
raydumasiabjj
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiM235i View Post
I have to agree with this endorsement. United Roswell is a great place to buy and much more willing to negotiate that Global. Their service is also better than Global, although only by a small margin. United did stick me in a Dodge Caliber one time -- a horrible vehicle. On the other hand, when my '07 335i was in for the HPFP replacement, they gave me an M Roadster to drive -- that made up for the Caliber!
Lol I will look into taking it there for service.
How are they with mods on the car?
I am looking to probably add a CAI, and maybe the H&R springs to lower the car a bit.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2015, 01:04 PM   #8
josem235i
Private
Rep
Drives: E36/F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by raydumasiabjj
Quote:
Lol I will look into taking it there for service.
How are they with mods on the car?
I am looking to probably add a CAI, and maybe the H&R springs to lower the car a bit.
I have a couple of aftermarket mods on my car and no problem so far, only thing they are really serious about is an aftermarket tune, rather than that, you should be okay
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2015, 10:26 PM   #9
gpburdell
Private
Rep
Drives: EBII M235i

In the future, if you're going to custom build from the factory and PCD (or if dealer is close enough) then you can order from any dealer in the USA to get the best deal.

I bought my 235 from a California dealer and got a better deal than anyone in the ATL area was giving at the time.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2015, 10:34 PM   #10
gpburdell
Private
Rep

Quote:

I've heard good things about United Gwinnett for service. This comes from a buddy of mine who has a 1M. My bro takes his 3 series there too.

I haven't had to take my car in for anything yet (knock on wood). Not sure where I'm going to take it for first service. I've heard so many bad things about Global that I will stay away from there even though it is the closest to me. The next closest to me is the South Atlanta dealership, but not keen on that either. I'll probably do Gwinnett, just so far from the Smableton area.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2015, 07:56 PM   #11
raydumasiabjj
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpburdell View Post
In the future, if you're going to custom build from the factory and PCD (or if dealer is close enough) then you can order from any dealer in the USA to get the best deal.

I bought my 235 from a California dealer and got a better deal than anyone in the ATL area was giving at the time.
Thanks I wasnt aware that you could do that!
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2015, 08:01 PM   #12
raydumasiabjj
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpburdell View Post
I've heard good things about United Gwinnett for service. This comes from a buddy of mine who has a 1M. My bro takes his 3 series there too.

I haven't had to take my car in for anything yet (knock on wood). Not sure where I'm going to take it for first service. I've heard so many bad things about Global that I will stay away from there even though it is the closest to me. The next closest to me is the South Atlanta dealership, but not keen on that either. I'll probably do Gwinnett, just so far from the Smableton area.
What bad have you heard? Just curious. I looked for reviews online and they were mixed positive and negative. I am wondering if that is just because its hard to please everyone.

I liked my Sales Rep at Global.

United Roswell seems to be the place to go from the sounds of it. I will check them out for Services.

Thanks for all the info and feedback guys. This is great.

Has anyone purchases any M Performance parts for the dealership?
I am thinking about purchasing before the car is delivered to have them installed? The sales manager said it would just go towards the payments/ residual.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2015, 11:11 PM   #13
gpburdell
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by raydumasiabjj View Post
What bad have you heard? Just curious. I looked for reviews online and they were mixed positive and negative. I am wondering if that is just because its hard to please everyone.

I liked my Sales Rep at Global.

The primary bad things about Global I've heard is from the sales side. If you're looking to get a great deal; then they are the last place to go to.

From the service side, here is why I won't go there. A friend of mine had an issue on a brand new Mini from them. Basically the engine got destroyed from a coolant leak. Global was saying it was my friend's fault even though it hadn't been in accident or anything and said there was no defect/failure. After weeks of going back and forth, they got a corporate tech to inspect the car. The tech easily found that a hose/plug failed.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2015, 11:14 PM   #14
gpburdell
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by raydumasiabjj View Post

United Roswell seems to be the place to go from the sounds of it. I will check them out for Services.

Thanks for all the info and feedback guys. This is great.

Has anyone purchases any M Performance parts for the dealership?
I am thinking about purchasing before the car is delivered to have them installed? The sales manager said it would just go towards the payments/ residual.

I'm pretty certain if the dealership installs a part it isn't included in the lease/residual. It has to be installed by the factory or at the port. That way it becomes a "line item" on the official window sticker sheet.

Unless you're planning to buy the car at end of lease; it doesn't make sense to do this as you won't get credit for it when you turn the car back in.

I'm sure United Roswell is good too, but I read somewhere that United Gwinett had the highest service award/tier from BMW in ATL.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2015, 07:14 AM   #15
soghetto
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: MY14 MG M235i 8-AT

Garage List
2014 m235i  [10.00]
I dont want to piss in anyones punch but Global is well known for being one of the worst dealerships around.

You may want to do some more research and make sure thats who you want to deal with. also stay far away from Nalley BMW in Decatur‎, they do some shady shit with customers cars when they think no one is looking. (yes i have proof) United Roswell seems to be one of the better ones so if anything, id think about bringing it there for service if your already stuck in a deal with global.

next up - sweet car and options your gonna love it!
I have the Mineral Grey Metallic almost fully loaded. (Black Leather | Alum Hex over Black Gloss | Tech | Premium | HK | Cold Weather | Driver Assist | Driver Plus | 8-Speed Auto)

If I were to do it again, I would probably drop the driver assist and plus packages. They were cool at first but they dont really add any value to me so far.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2015, 07:31 AM   #16
raydumasiabjj
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by soghetto View Post
I dont want to piss in anyones punch but Global is well known for being one of the worst dealerships around.

You may want to do some more research and make sure thats who you want to deal with. also stay far away from Nalley BMW in Decatur‎, they do some shady shit with customers cars when they think no one is looking. (yes i have proof) United Roswell seems to be one of the better ones so if anything, id think about bringing it there for service if your already stuck in a deal with global.

next up - sweet car and options your gonna love it!
I have the Mineral Grey Metallic almost fully loaded. (Black Leather | Alum Hex over Black Gloss | Tech | Premium | HK | Cold Weather | Driver Assist | Driver Plus | 8-Speed Auto)

If I were to do it again, I would probably drop the driver assist and plus packages. They were cool at first but they dont really add any value to me so far.
Thanks for the feedback on Global everybody. Its funny because my friend has been dealing with the for 4 years and he loves them. He is a Global fan boy lol. Though I did end up going with them in the end, again because my sales rep was a really good guy I will probably look into Roswell or even out of state for the next BMW I purchase.

I picked up the car on Monday after a long long wait lol.
I guess I am so happy with the car at the end of the day I am ok with the price I paid.

One thing I did make the mistake on and should have listened to you guys was the M performance front spoiler and blacked out grills - I realize now it made no sense to get it from the dealer as firstly the price was high and secondly its not covered if it gets damaged anyway. The Sales Manager was pushy on it and I caved and I usually dont cave to those things. Lesson learned next time I would just buy them post purchase.

Anyway here is a pic

I already purchased a CF rear spoiler and the CF mirrors from RW carbon so cant wait to get them on as I think it will give the car a nice look.

Thanks everyone for your opinions (even though I didnt really listen because im impulsive) I appreciate it.

Hope to meet up with you Atlanta owners at some point.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0