E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > 2008 335i rear tow hook cover for non-stock bumper

07-10-2015, 02:52 PM   #1
Ramsay Snow
Rep
Drives: 2008 Dinan S3

2008 335i rear tow hook cover for non-stock bumper

Hi all,
I just got a Dinan S3 and it's missing a tow hook cover on the back. The bumper is not stock: does anybody recognize what kind it is and where i can get a cover for it. I bought it crashed in the front so it's getting some paintwork done soon, i was hoping to get the cover painted along side the other parts.
Attached Images

Last edited by Ramsay Snow; 07-10-2015 at 03:16 PM.. Reason: adding a picture
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2015, 03:01 PM   #2
bmwmsport
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

First off, welcome to the forums!

That's a gorgeous car, more pics when she's done with paint.

It's a 335is rear diffuser with probably an Mtech rear bumper if you know the bumper isn't stock.

You may can find one by poking around in the cosmetic section or the cosmetic FS sections here or ebay is always worth a shot.
http://www.e90post.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=57
http://www.e90post.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=178

Keep us updated and good luck!!
      07-10-2015, 03:28 PM   #3
Ramsay Snow
Rep
Drives: 2008 Dinan S3

Thanks bmwsport. The car hit a utility post (maybe a small tree), so I had to take the front bumper off (what's left of it anyways). It said 'Made in Taiwan' so I think its one of the many 'M3/M-tech/1M-style' ones commonly found on ebay. I'm guessing this is the case for the back one too, but I'm just not sure. All the tow hook covers i saw on ebay and other sites don't look to be the correct shape.

On a separate note: this was a really strange crash. None of the airbags deployed even though the impact was pretty significant. The pole basically sliced diagonally through the driver side headlight about a foot and a half in. Busted tie rod, bent control arm and shattered Dinan air intake pipe. I guess the pole went through just behind the sensor cutting through the wires before the sensor could send the signal.
Appreciate 0