Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA

07-06-2015, 11:35 PM   #1
///Machiavelli
Big Mac
Canada
Rep
Drives: MY16 F80

Garage List
First ///M, will it be forum first SMB/SO F80?

This post may be a little premature as I just placed the order a week ago, but I'm pretty excited about it so I thought I'd share with some fellow enthusiasts. Owning an M3 has always been a dream of mine and while I love my 135i and have many fantastic memories attached to it, I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to get behind the wheel of my very own M.

But, before I get to the specs I want to give thanks and my strongest recommendations to Jay Wong at Endras BMW. I went to see him due to referrals from a few people including forum members Farley (farbmw) and Paul (pyceasyas123). Whenever someone spoke positively about a purchase experience and I asked whom it was they worked with, Jay's name just kept turning up.

I was not disappointed -- his approach is very casual, it was like sitting down with a pal and spec'ing out a dream car just for fun. I won't get into exactly what I paid, but suffice to say give him an opportunity to earn your business and you won't be disappointed. If you do, tell him Nick says hi!

Here is how I spec'd the car:

M3 sedan
Premium package
Executive package
DCT
M Adaptive suspension
M Performance Exhaust
Carbon Fibre trim
Universal Remote Control
Speed Limit Info

While the car is primarily a daily driver and I loaded it with extraneous items like leather dashboard and window shades, I didnt want to lose sight of the fact it has a performance pedigree. Initially, I said to myself lets do something subtle on the outside with a nod to sports car insensibility on the inside. So I chose to go with Silverstone metallic exterior with a Sakhir orange interior. But at the urging of my wife, who told me I shouldn't compromise on what I really want, I decided to go big or go home -- let this beast be screaming loud outside and in!

A few forum members have already taken the SMB plunge but I haven't seen any with a Sakhir interior. Apparently, there is an F80 in the wilds of New England that is SMB/SO, but there are only a few blurry pics on instagram.

Here are some pictures from an IND M6 build titled Comfortably Cool. Maybe too loud for some, but I think that the blue/purple of San Marino complements the red/orange of Sakhir nicely.

Name:  m6gc6.jpg
Views: 2875
Size:  222.2 KB

Name:  m6gc11.jpg
Views: 1419
Size:  199.9 KB

I'll update this thread when I have more information.

July 14, 2015

I've put in a request to amend my build with the addition of MPE and Speed Limit Info. Waiting to hear back with confirmation of August production and production number, build week.

July 22, 2015

MPE and Speed Limit Info confirmed. Build is scheduled for 09/15 which Jay says means end of August production! The only thing I don't know at this point is how much BMW AG is going to ding me for the SMB paint, but I'm sure it'll be worth it.

October 26, 2015

After arriving in Halifax on September 21st, the car has finally appeared in Hansen's database with an expected delivery of October 28th at Endras. I want to give a special shout out to E92LNGCGY for tracking the car on CN Rail and for putting up with my constant pm's. This has definitely been the most trying part of the waiting game but there is now a light at the end of the tunnel!

October 27, 2015

I think Jay put it best when he sent me these pics: "That blue is just too nice 😍"

Last edited by ///Machiavelli; 10-27-2015 at 03:43 PM..
Appreciate 4
      07-06-2015, 11:57 PM   #2
dharo1
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Previous: F22 M235i ; F80 M3 ;

Welcome to the M community.
Looking forward to those pics once it arrives!!!
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2015, 12:32 PM   #3
farbmw
Brigadier General
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 6SPD MANUAL!

What can I say but, hurry and get that M!

Link to my M4 euro delivery! http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1006526
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2015, 02:52 PM   #4
pyceasyas123
Major
Rep
Drives: M3

congrats!!!!
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2015, 06:29 PM   #5
Irishace
ElevenPointFive
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 335

Congrats. Jay Wong is the man! Join the WhatsApp group we have going.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2015, 06:31 PM   #6
rr006rbc
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '23 M440i GC

This would look SICK.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2015, 09:49 PM   #7
Mark's M
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 Individual

You won't regret your amendments, I was using the SL Info option all week in Europe last month. And your decision to go with the MPE....very, very wise choice, again from experience. And finally, we had a couple of SMB M6's with us and they are striking, especially in the sun. Great build!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Machiavelli View Post
This post may be a little premature as I just placed the order a week ago, but I'm pretty excited about it so I thought I'd share with some fellow enthusiasts. Owning an M3 has always been a dream of mine and while I love my 135i and have many fantastic memories attached to it, I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to get behind the wheel of my very own M.

But, before I get to the specs I want to give thanks and my strongest recommendations to Jay Wong at Endras BMW. I went to see him due to referrals from a few people including forum members Farley (farbmw) and Paul (pyceasyas123). Whenever someone spoke positively about a purchase experience and I asked whom it was they worked with, Jay's name just kept turning up.

I was not disappointed -- his approach is very casual, it was like sitting down with a pal and spec'ing out a dream car just for fun. I won't get into exactly what I paid, but suffice to say give him an opportunity to earn your business and you won't be disappointed. If you do, tell him Nick says hi!

Here is how I spec'd the car:

M3 sedan
Premium package
Executive package
DCT
M Adaptive suspension
Carbon Fibre trim
Universal Remote Control
M Performance Exhaust (pending)
Speed Limit Info (pending)

While the car is primarily a daily driver and I loaded it with extraneous items like leather dashboard and window shades, I didnt want to lose sight of the fact it has a performance pedigree. Initially, I said to myself lets do something subtle on the outside with a nod to sports car insensibility on the inside. So I chose to go with Silverstone metallic exterior with a Sakhir orange interior. But at the urging of my wife, who told me I shouldn't compromise on what I really want, I decided to go big or go home -- let this beast be screaming loud outside and in!

A few forum members have already taken the SMB plunge but I haven't seen any with a Sakhir interior. Apparently, there is an F80 in the wilds of New England that is SMB/SO, but there are only a few blurry pics on instagram.

Here are some pictures from an IND M6 build titled Comfortably Cool. Maybe too loud for some, but I think that the blue/purple of San Marino complements the red/orange of Sakhir nicely.

Attachment 1239797

Attachment 1239798

I'll update this thread when I have more information.

July 14, 2015

I've put in a request to ammend my build with the addition of MPE and Speed Limit Info. Waiting to hear back with confirmation of August production and production number, build week.
      07-22-2015, 01:36 PM   #8
///Machiavelli
Big Mac
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Thanks for the kind words everyone.

Just to update, addition of mpe and speed limit has been confirmed. "No more changes!" says product planning dept.

Looks like I'm set for a late August production, meaning I'll probably take delivery in October. Fall can't get here soon enough.

One more thing, Jay Wong is too good -- I just bought an X5 35i for the wife from him a couple days ago. I've got to lose this guys number! It's an xLine Imperial Blue on two-tone Ivory/Black. It's a great combo but not sure how well Ivory seats are going to fare with the little kid. Time will tell.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2015, 08:04 AM   #9
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: warp speed

^ needs regular cleaning, leather conditioning every few months. If wearing jeans, then there is a fairly good possibility that the dye may transfer onto the seat as well.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2015, 01:39 PM   #10
///Machiavelli
Big Mac
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
^ needs regular cleaning, leather conditioning every few months. If wearing jeans, then there is a fairly good possibility that the dye may transfer onto the seat as well.
I opted to have the interior coated with cQuartz leather treatment during the new car prep at GTA In Detail. Still looks brand new after a week of use but time will tell...
Appreciate 1
      10-26-2015, 01:38 PM   #11
///Machiavelli
Big Mac
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Finally...

Appreciate 0
      10-27-2015, 08:37 AM   #12
catch
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

hot colour combo! cant wait to see pics
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2015, 12:32 PM   #13
sunnyboy
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 - SO/SS, 6MT

Garage List
Welcome to team F8x... pics or it didn't happen. *quoted someone famous, I think *...
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2015, 03:45 PM   #14
///Machiavelli
Big Mac
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyboy View Post
Welcome to team F8x... pics or it didn't happen. *quoted someone famous, I think *...
Oh, it happened.

Just check the the first post again.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2015, 11:01 AM   #15
Mark's M
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Stunning combo and congrats!! Such a gorgeous colour in the sun and can't wait to see the "detailed pics". Just dropped mine off to Kevin & Marco yesterday. All we need now is some sun, glorious sun lol. Cheers.
      10-28-2015, 03:51 PM   #16
///Machiavelli
Big Mac
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark's M View Post
Stunning combo and congrats!! Such a gorgeous colour in the sun and can't wait to see the "detailed pics". Just dropped mine off to Kevin & Marco yesterday. All we need now is some sun, glorious sun lol. Cheers.
Thanks! Kevin and Marco offered me their last time slot before heading out to SEMA but I couldnt get the car turned around in time. Too bad as a Silverlake and San Marino pic would have been pretty epic.

How much ppf are you having Marco do?
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2015, 09:41 PM   #17
Mark's M
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Too much lol. Full front and headlights, full front side fenders, full hood, rockers, partial rear quarter impact (replacing the tiny little bit of OEM film ahead of the wheel) and partial rear wheel impact area. Kevin's doing his interior/exterior CQuartz pkg. And yeah, a pic with both cars would have been awesome, something to keep in mind for the future for sure.
      10-29-2015, 01:15 PM   #18
///Machiavelli
Big Mac
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Too much lol. Full front and headlights, full front side fenders, full hood, rockers, partial rear quarter impact (replacing the tiny little bit of OEM film ahead of the wheel) and partial rear wheel impact area. Kevin's doing his interior/exterior CQuartz pkg. And yeah, a pic with both cars would have been awesome, something to keep in mind for the future for sure.
I'm going to do the same ppf coverage. Please let me know how the partial coverage fore and aft of the rear wheels looks, I'm concerned it'll look funny.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2015, 02:18 PM   #19
Mark's M
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I'm going to do the same ppf coverage. Please let me know how the partial coverage fore and aft of the rear wheels looks, I'm concerned it'll look funny.
Will do, and I'll try and post up pics tomorrow.
      10-30-2015, 12:01 AM   #20
dbworld4k
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: '12 M3

Garage List
2002 BMW M5  [10.00]
2009 BMW 335i  [10.00]
SMB is the hottest blue BMW has put out since LSB! Congrats on the perfect color combo. The depth to SMB is just surreal, photos do ZERO justice to it.

edit: Funny enough you posted pics of that IND modded M6 GC. I did some coding on that car two weeks ago, and that machine is BEYOND drool worthy. The sheer presence as it was rolling down the road, breaking necks was up there with most exotics.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2015, 09:17 PM   #21
Mark's M
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Ok, here's the verdict. Difficult to photograph the area to the front of the rear wheels. In person, and at the right angle and under the right light, you can see it (the edge) faintly. Camera couldn't pick it up at all. Marco covered the area fairly extensively, 10x the amount of the tiny factory strip lol- he went higher and well onto the lower rear door area. He has a good eye. Ran through a slightly damp patch of road on the way home. Sure as shit, what little bit of front tire kick up there was, was all over the ppf but not the paint. Amazing.

The area he covered aft of the wheels follows the crease line of the wheel arch and is basically invisible no matter what the angle or light.

You're welcome to get in touch and have a look before your appointment on Monday if you have the time. Meantime, hope that helps. Btw, both Kevin and Marco did amazing work. You'll be impressed.
      10-31-2015, 11:55 AM   #22
///Machiavelli
Big Mac
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Ok, here's the verdict. Difficult to photograph the area to the front of the rear wheels. In person, and at the right angle and under the right light, you can see it (the edge) faintly. Camera couldn't pick it up at all. Marco covered the area fairly extensively, 10x the amount of the tiny factory strip lol- he went higher and well onto the lower rear door area. He has a good eye. Ran through a slightly damp patch of road on the way home. Sure as shit, what little bit of front tire kick up there was, was all over the ppf but not the paint. Amazing.

The area he covered aft of the wheels follows the crease line of the wheel arch and is basically invisible no matter what the angle or light.

You're welcome to get in touch and have a look before your appointment on Monday if you have the time. Meantime, hope that helps. Btw, both Kevin and Marco did amazing work. You'll be impressed.
Thanks for the update. My appointment isnt until the 12th, so I have a little time. Maybe we can arrange something.

I saw the pics in your thread, it looks great. My other idea was doing a one piece from the rear fender forward to the a pillar, but I think it might be cost prohibitive.
Appreciate 0