THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Mechanical Maintenance and TSBs: Break-in | Oil & Fluids | Servicing | TSB Missing Connecteddrive Apps and RTTI not working

07-03-2015, 04:00 PM   #1
Declio
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 m235i

Missing Connecteddrive Apps and RTTI not working

Just wanted to post about this in case anyone else is experiencing this issue. I am missing several applications in the idrive interface under the Connecteddrive menu. I am also not showing any cellular connectivity (3G/4G). I do have the newer EVO head unit so I should be seeing 4G, but I'm not getting anything at all. Real time traffic is also not working, which is obviously related. The option to "update BMW assist" is greyed out as well. This is all after confirming activation through the initial SOS button setup.

I took it into the dealer who said they are seeing this on all of the new m235is coming in. They are working on a "guinnea pig" car to try to resolve the issue and are awaiting word from BMW. They're not sure if the combox will need replacing or if it is only a software issue.

Hopefully I receive more information soon.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2015, 06:48 PM   #2
Declio
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 m235i

Thought I would update this in case anyone was searching.

I picked the car up from the dealer this afternoon after my second trip. They ended up replacing the Telematics Control Unit (TCU) and reprogramming the car. The good news is this got RTTI and Connecteddrive to work! However, on my drive home the SOS Call Malfunction error came up. It was getting late and the dealership was closing so I did not drive back immediately. I'm not sure if they will need to perform additional procedures to clear this error. I did test the SOS button, and it works fine. I spoke with a representative to confirm my information was correct.

Last edited by Declio; 12-22-2015 at 02:46 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2016, 03:56 AM   #3
DarkSide24
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Declio View Post
Thought I would update this in case anyone was searching.

I picked the car up from the dealer this afternoon after my second trip. They ended up replacing the Telematics Control Unit (TCU) and reprogramming the car. The good news is this got RTTI and Connecteddrive to work! However, on my drive home the SOS Call Malfunction error came up. It was getting late and the dealership was closing so I did not drive back immediately. I'm not sure if they will need to perform additional procedures to clear this error. I did test the SOS button, and it works fine. I spoke with a representative to confirm my information was correct.
Did you get this resolved in the end? My partner's new 16 plate mini has the same issue.
Appreciate 0