E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Dealer fixed/replaced my squeaky rear brakes.

06-25-2015, 08:53 PM   #1
CenCal X3M Comp
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3M Comp

Garage List
2018 BMW M4  [0.00]
Dealer fixed/replaced my squeaky rear brakes.

Just wanted to share my experience.

For the last two year, I have had the squeaky right rear brakes issues and tons of brake dust on the back wheel - front are originals and no dust whatsoever. Back in 2012, the dealer replaced the rear pads under the maintenance program at around 22k. Ever since, they would leave a layer of dust on the rear wheel within a few days after washing. I took them back to complain about the dust and they told me that is just the way they are. A year later, they started to squeak (<20 miles) in which I took it back to them several times complaining; again they stated that is just the way they are. Now a year after the warranty expired and at 61k, I went back to complain (nicely) about the constant squeak. The SA heard me when I pulled in and so did every other customer on their lot. I explained to the SA that I have had the squeak and dust issue for 40k miles and it was documented in their system; I nicely told him that it was brought in for this issue several times while it was under warranty but never fixed. I told him that I wanted fixed as a goodwill and I was willing to pay a percentage for the wear on the pads. They agreed and replaced the rotor, pads, pins and sensor but the best part is that the covered it all for free. The bonus is that the pads do not dust at all, the squeak is gone and I am a happy camper. I wanted to share this with the community and that being nice about an issue can go a long way and help others to help you with an issue; the SA even stated that he was willing to work with me because I was nice to him about the issue.
Appreciate 0