THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Suspension | Chassis | Brakes Do these Stoptech brake lines fit the M235i?

06-19-2015, 10:43 AM   #1
AlexGT
Captain
Guatemala
Rep
Drives: G05 X5 MSport

Question Do these Stoptech brake lines fit the M235i?

Hey guys,

I'm considering doing a step by step brake upgrade to my OEM system. I was considering going with the M Performance brake kit but I was told not to do it because it was an investment that won't pay off at the end, since the braking performance actually doesn't improve dramatically with that kit.

So, now I'm looking to do a "light" upgrade to my OEM M Sport brake system, starting with some steel brake lines. I was thinking on this I found on the internet but when I did a research I found no other site which reassures me that they will actually fit the M235i, anyone that could let me know if these Stoptech lines will or won't fit?

Front lines:
http://store.zeckhausen.com/catalog/...4brqeoa8l6pfa1

Rear lines:
http://store.zeckhausen.com/catalog/...ducts_id=12973

Thanks for the help!
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2015, 10:10 AM   #2
AlexGT
Captain
Guatemala
Rep

So I guess they don't?
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2015, 10:48 AM   #3
Bee Pee
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AW M2 DCT

Alex,

I think folks have not responded to the question you ask about Stoptech SS lines fitting M235i as its answered in the links in your post.

If you want Stoptech specifically then suggest you speak to manufacturer directly. If not then consider an alternate ie Turner Motorsport as an example

http://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-20...-line-set.aspx

or Challenge

http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=976948
      06-22-2015, 11:25 AM   #4
AlexGT
Captain
Guatemala
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee Pee View Post
Alex,

I think folks have not responded to the question you ask about Stoptech SS lines fitting M235i as its answered in the links in your post.

If you want Stoptech specifically then suggest you speak to manufacturer directly. If not then consider an alternate ie Turner Motorsport as an example

http://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-20...-line-set.aspx

or Challenge

http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=976948
Hey BeePee, thanks for the reply and the suggestion. Since I didn't get any reply, my conclusion was that nobody has use those Stoptech's on their cars, I've just purchased the ones from ECS tuning:

http://www.ecstuning.com/ES2684846/

I'm trying to do a brake upgrade since I'm not happy with the initial bite and overall braking performance from my M Sport brakes, so I'm starting with brake lines and still analyzing which brake pads will improve the OEM's low performance so far.

Tought about Pagid, they told me "no, these are for track use and they have high levels of dust and noise, even more when they're cold", so I'm considering either Centric Posi Quiet Semi-Metallic Pads or Carbotech's 1521.

If you have any comments on those or any other suggestion for pads, I will appreciate it mate.

Cheers and thanks again!
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2015, 11:32 AM   #5
Alpine F31
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: MB E350 4MATIC Estate

Garage List
I just got the StopTech lines from Turner but haven't installed them yet.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2015, 11:36 AM   #6
AlexGT
Captain
Guatemala
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine F31 View Post
I just got the StopTech lines from Turner but haven't installed them yet.
Thanks, let me know how they work for you.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2015, 11:43 AM   #7
Alpine F31
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
For sure.
Appreciate 1
      06-22-2015, 12:20 PM   #8
Bee Pee
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Alex,

No problem.

I think start with the cheaper things 1st so DOT5 fluid and SS lines upgrade makes sense . Not sure what part numbers brake pads you have but I'm impressed with std fit pads on my euro RHD spec M135i. Done some track days and yet its still my DD - pads are good in both modes. Are you concerned about feel once upto temperature or are you concerned about fade ? If fade is the issue, have you opened the brake ducts by removing blanking plates in the front wheel wells to allow air flow in to cool the front brakes ?? BP
      06-22-2015, 01:59 PM   #9
AlexGT
Captain
Guatemala
Rep

Quote:
Alex,

No problem.

I think start with the cheaper things 1st so DOT5 fluid and SS lines upgrade makes sense . Not sure what part numbers brake pads you have but I'm impressed with std fit pads on my euro RHD spec M135i. Done some track days and yet its still my DD - pads are good in both modes. Are you concerned about feel once upto temperature or are you concerned about fade ? If fade is the issue, have you opened the brake ducts by removing blanking plates in the front wheel wells to allow air flow in to cool the front brakes ?? BP
Thanks again BP, I will try and do the DOT5 fluid change. About the pads, well, I don't feel a good sense of bite you know. I've drove my friend's Audi S3 2015 and its brakes are awesome, the bite is unbelievable. My brakes don't have good bite at all (cold or hot, never).

I actually removed those blank plates on Friday, I understand that this will help braking when driving hard, right? Or will it also help on normal driving situations ?

I appreciate as always your comments
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2015, 02:25 PM   #10
pikcachu
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i (F22 Red angel)

Quote:
Alex,

No problem.

removing which plates? any pic?
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2015, 08:11 PM   #11
AlexGT
Captain
Guatemala
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikcachu
Quote:
Alex,

No problem.

@pikcachu check the image, is a small plate within each front fender, once you remove them, your brakes will get fresh cool air from the center of the M bumper
Attached Images

—— —— —— —— —— —— —— —— —— —— —— ——
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2015, 08:28 PM   #12
i8ur911
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F22 228i MSport

How did you bed the pads in? I have the M Sport brakes on my car and think the initial bite is good. Typically when changing to an aftermarket performance pad, you give up good initial bite for more heat resistance.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2015, 05:55 AM   #13
Bee Pee
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikcachu View Post
Pika,

Remove the blanking plate in the inner wheel well and have cooler brakes in the summer and track days. Perhaps re-install blanking plates for the winter to keep some of the moisture out.....

Photos is the link below.

http://www.babybmw.net/forum/viewtop...=ducts#p775132

I have mine open pretty much all the time...

BP
      06-23-2015, 10:38 AM   #14
pikcachu
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i (F22 Red angel)

Quote:
Pika,

Remove the blanking plate in the inner wheel well and have cooler brakes in the summer and track days. Perhaps re-install blanking plates for the winter to keep some of the moisture out.....

Photos is the link below.

http://www.babybmw.net/forum/viewtop...=ducts#p775132

I have mine open pretty much all the time...

BP
you mean this?

seems like they come pre-opened to the US
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2015, 10:39 AM   #15
Bee Pee
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Yes
      06-29-2015, 04:43 AM   #16
SteveInfante
NewFinishColumbia/detailer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F31 xDrive

Why dot5 fluid and not dot4 race like Motul660 or the like? I have been using ATE super blue race and it's pretty good fluid and not expensive at all. Especially for occasional track rat. It holds up for what I use it for. I know you can't get the blue in the U.S. But the clear is the same fluid.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2015, 07:35 PM   #17
Alpine F31
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
So I finally got around to putting my lines on.

First impression? Pedal firmness in drastically improved, which is exactly what I wanted to achieve. Initial bite is also much better, but that is because I installed new brake pads (also by StopTech).

I would say this mod is a no-brainer for anyone that's on the fence about it. I've done this to several motorcycles and a couple of cars and I'm always happy with the results.

Do it!
Appreciate 1
      07-02-2015, 08:34 PM   #18
AlexGT
Captain
Guatemala
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine F31

First impression? Pedal firmness in drastically improved, which is exactly what I wanted to achieve. Initial bite is also much better, but that is because I installed new brake pads (also by StopTech).

I would say this mod is a no-brainer for anyone that's on the fence about it. I've done this to several motorcycles and a couple of cars and I'm always happy with the results.

Do it!
@Alpine F31 thanks for sharing this! Could you kindly also share the part numbers for your front and rear Stoptech pads? The results you got are the exact same that I need to achieve!

Cheers!
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2015, 08:51 PM   #19
Alpine F31
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexGT View Post
@Alpine F31 thanks for sharing this! Could you kindly also share the part numbers for your front and rear Stoptech pads? The results you got are the exact same that I need to achieve!

Cheers!
No problem! I only changed the front pads. Here's the part number.

Appreciate 0
      07-02-2015, 08:54 PM   #20
AlexGT
Captain
Guatemala
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine F31
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexGT View Post

Cheers!
No problem! I only changed the front pads. Here's the part number.

Thank you again man!
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2015, 06:44 PM   #21
x233
Lieutenant
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: M2C, M235xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine F31 View Post

Do it!

Alpine F31, could you please post the part numbers for StopTech brake lines and brakes pads again? The picture in your original reply is no longer available.
(Absolutely want to upgrade the brake lines and probably the pads. Just can't stand the mushy feel of the stock brakes anymore).
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2015, 10:00 PM   #22
Alpine F31
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by x233 View Post
Alpine F31, could you please post the part numbers for StopTech brake lines and brakes pads again? The picture in your original reply is no longer available.
(Absolutely want to upgrade the brake lines and probably the pads. Just can't stand the mushy feel of the stock brakes anymore).
Sure!
The lines are from Turner motorsports. http://www.turnermotorsport.com/BMW-...ake-lines.aspx

The pads are from Stop Tech
Appreciate 0