F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Ex e60 535i FBO Owner-With New F-36 GC-Ready to Mod
Studio RSR

06-18-2015, 09:08 PM   #1
SoFloJayC
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4 Comp Vert Skyscra Gray

Ex e60 535i FBO Owner-With New F-36 GC-Ready to Mod

Hey Guys!

Very excited to be the proud owner of a 2015 Estoril Blue Gran Coupe with MPPK and MPE. She also has 20' M-Performance Rims and Pirelli's. Car is awesome from the Dealership.

Now it's time to get under the hood and perform some BO modifications.

Adding JB4 first. Likely going to add CDP, ERCP, ER Intercooler and some intake. Liked the AFE CAI on my 535i better than BMS but would like your opinions as to which is better?

What is the max amount of performance you think I can get adding all of those BO mods? Stage 2 Turbo's would be later once the car gets to 15k miles or so.

Glad to be here!

Jay C
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2015, 11:59 AM   #2
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Hi,
Congrats on your ride and im happy that you have the correct mods in mind.
As far as your question on the intake, define better. They will both give you similar performance gains.
You are looking at adding ~50 whp and ~130 wtq with these mods.
If you add E85 you get an extra ~15 whp

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2015, 02:14 PM   #3
SoFloJayC
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4 Comp Vert Skyscra Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
Hi,
Congrats on your ride and im happy that you have the correct mods in mind.
As far as your question on the intake, define better. They will both give you similar performance gains.
You are looking at adding ~50 whp and ~130 wtq with these mods.
If you add E85 you get an extra ~15 whp
Thanks for your answers Mike.

Which FMIC is best? Also which Catted Down pipe is best? (I've used ER in the past and have a good relationship with them)

I definitely want Catted so no fumes as I have younger children who roll around in the back at times.

Regarding the intake, I want TORQUE. I've used BMS and AFE previously and felt (but dyno) the AFE provided more low end torque on streets. Plus I believe closed box is best on the N54/N55 for 'street power'.

I do have the M-Performance Intake on the car now, and I don't know if replacing it would be worth it honestly.

I appreciate you taking the time to help me brother! Feel free to email me directly: jay@fabfitover40.com

Have a great weekend!
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2015, 02:19 PM   #4
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalJayC View Post
Thanks for your answers Mike.

Which FMIC is best? Also which Catted Down pipe is best? (I've used ER in the past and have a good relationship with them)

I definitely want Catted so no fumes as I have younger children who roll around in the back at times.

Regarding the intake, I want TORQUE. I've used BMS and AFE previously and felt (but dyno) the AFE provided more low end torque on streets. Plus I believe closed box is best on the N54/N55 for 'street power'.

I do have the M-Performance Intake on the car now, and I don't know if replacing it would be worth it honestly.

I appreciate you taking the time to help me brother! Feel free to email me directly: jay@fabfitover40.com

Have a great weekend!
Happy to help.
I Like ER DP and FMIC the best. You have used their products so you know the quality that they offer.
As for the intake, i believe that they both (BMS and AFE) will offer the same performance gains, but if you are more comfortable with AFE then by all means go with that choice.

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0