Pandora Car Alarm System
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

06-15-2015, 08:58 PM   #1
elJefe
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 shopper

BMW of San Antontio service dept

I'm looking at a purchase of my first BMW. I've read a couple of bad reviews of the service department at BMW of San Antonio, but I know sometimes satisfied customers are not so vocal. Since BMWs come with the maintenance package, I'm guessing it would be nice to have a good service department to deal with.

Anyone have any first hand experience with the BMW of San Antonio service department?
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2015, 10:32 PM   #2
m4pewpew
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Sometimes online reviews about a dealer aren't very accurate. For some reason some people get offended easily. I'm in Austin, and the online reviews for BMW of Austin aren't the best, either. But my experience with them has been pleasant.
7/7/14: On the waiting list | 9/8/14: Order submitted | 10/2/14: Order approved. Production number received | 11/7/14: In Production | 11/15/14: End of production | 11/21/14: En route to the US | 12/7/14: Finishing touches | 12/13/14: At the dealer | 12/15/14: Car in garage
Appreciate 1
      06-16-2015, 02:07 PM   #3
cougs99163
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by elJefe View Post
I'm looking at a purchase of my first BMW. I've read a couple of bad reviews of the service department at BMW of San Antonio, but I know sometimes satisfied customers are not so vocal. Since BMWs come with the maintenance package, I'm guessing it would be nice to have a good service department to deal with.

Anyone have any first hand experience with the BMW of San Antonio service department?
The service department is "OK". Don't expect the most professional service ever (my SA sat in my car, made a comment about how much he loved the new F80 and then started revving the motor), some of the service reps are clueless at times, but the sales department is flat out awful. Real smug, the receptionist must have been trained by the IRS or something in that she is not helpful at all and rude. As a member of this forum you probably have pretty good insight of what you are getting into, I noticed my two sales people that I have worked with (one mysteriously "left" so I had to get a new one) would basically throw a bunch of sales pitches at me with no technical knowledge, the next one was just smug and I felt like he would talk down to me and basically insinuated buying a M car wasn't a big deal (granted it is not but there is no reason to downplay it on purpose). Mostly recently my oil level light came on, I went and saw them and asked for a top-up and they told me it would be a six hour wait, so I went the parts department to buy a quart of oil and they recommended something that was out of spec so I just went to autozone.

I got an email recently that it was bought out by principal autogroup, and in the email it suggested that they "have a lot to fix but they are trying" kind of thing. I am not holding my breath, I go to Austin when I need work done, folks are BY FAR MORE PROFESSIONAL, and I get a good sense of ownership there, I feel like a cut-rate car rental customer at BMW of San Antonio.
      06-17-2015, 05:41 PM   #4
yaymitch
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2CS & 2022 RSQ8

I just bought my M3 from there and am from Houston so I will not have service done there. However, I can say that my sales guy (CA) was awesome, honest, low key and gave me a better deal than I could get anywhere else in Texas. I do think that things will improve with new ownership. Also, they are moving to a brand new space on the west side near Fiesta Texas area. Apparently they will have much more space and it will be nicer and better equipped in the service department.
      06-21-2015, 10:33 PM   #5
CiprianS
M addicted
United_States
Rep
Drives: G05 xDrive 40i

This is what I got from them on my email...it really seems that they are doing their best in improving their dealership.
Attached Images

Last edited by CiprianS; 06-21-2015 at 10:42 PM.. Reason: Attached a print screen
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2015, 12:29 AM   #6
vonmayr
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CiprianS View Post
This is what I got from them on my email...it really seems that they are doing their best in improving their dealership.
I would love to see a letter like that from our local dealer.
Best Regards, Robert (BMWCCA #471893)
Loreley 2015 / //M3 6MT SO over full SO, Exec,Susp & Lighting, HK & Blk 19's - ED 15 May 2015, Redelivery 23 July 2015
My photography: WWW.PBASE.COM/VONMAYR
My ED Adventure http://www.vonmayredadventure.blogspot.com
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2015, 09:56 AM   #7
CiprianS
M addicted
United_States
Rep
Drives: G05 xDrive 40i

I would love to see that, too. But just remember the saying "Hope dies last" or at least it should.
Appreciate 0