E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Bit Ten accept our balanced inputs?

05-30-2015, 06:05 AM   #1
sparkymarky
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Garage List
Bit Ten accept our balanced inputs?

A google doesnt reveal anything, although the manual says that a low level signal greater than 2v rms can be connected to the bit ten high level inputs - so it can handle the input voltage but that still doesn't explain whether the grounding is taken care of properly as far as i can see.

From the manual: '1. AUX IN L - R; auxiliary low-level stereo input.
The bit Ten comes with an auxiliary stereo signal input to connect an external source, mp3 player, audio
sources. Input sensitivity is adjustable from 0.6 to 5 V RMS.
2. INPUTS; RL - FL - FR - RR. Hi-level MASTER inputs (SPEAKERS).
The bit Ten comes with 4 HI-LEVEL signal inputs to connect amplified signal cables coming from the main
analog source. Input sensitivity is adjustable from 2 to 15 V RMS.
Remark: If a low-level output source (PRE OUT) with output signal equal or greater than 2 V RMS is available, you can
connect it to the high-level MASTER inputs (SPEAKERS).
Sensitivity is increased by adjusting the IN LEVEL controls (see 8.1.2 - 8.1.9)'

Anyone?
      05-30-2015, 06:27 AM   #2
cdgatti
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e90 328i

I run a Helix, but the Bit Ten is a unit that accepts the balanced ouput of the hifi system.
OEM Black grill and Blackline tails - LCI halogens with Lux V2 coded as DRL - 3M Crystalline - BMS PBX - OEM Euro Airbox with K&N - Hardwired CTEK - Bilstein B6 w/OEM springs and SP perches - Conti DWS06 - HiFi-Helix DSP - JLAudio HD/XD-Morel - CD changer trim - AE optical out
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2015, 06:39 AM   #3
sparkymarky
Captain
Rep

Garage List
thanks cdgatti - is a bit ten of any real benefit given that one of its main purposes it to de-eq and us hifi owners already have a fairly clean output signal. I know it also does eq and time align, so i guess my question is does such dsp provide good value for money?

also the time alignment function- as there is not a micrphone to auto tune, i assume you input speaker distances manually - but not sure this will take into account the distance delay effects if you choose to use a combination of its different type of internal crossovers - as we know different crossovers can introduce time delay... or would the unit know which crossover type you have selected and adjust your manually input speaker distances. I need to read the full manual tonight i know and i also know that you do not have this unit
      05-30-2015, 02:28 PM   #4
csu87
Banned
Rep
Drives: 09 335xi

I believe with the bit ten there is no auto time align, but time aligning is fairly simple. Just work in small increments until it is staged where you want.

As far as is it worth it, that depends on your tastes. Do you want to be able to control and tune everything? Does how you currently have the speakers set up work for you?

Check out the ppi dsps as well. Very good units, but a lot cheaper. Also head to some sound quality forums and do some research on this. There is a ton of info available

Everything you want to know and more here. http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2015, 02:39 PM   #5
sparkymarky
Captain
Rep

Garage List
Well today I managed to buy an audiocontrol 24xs - this will enable me to high pass my underseats as I've been trying to do for some time, I'll be able to set either 60hz, 75hz (my amp is currently low passing them at 200hz as well).

Then an hour later I find a bit ten brand new for £183....only 80 more grrrrrrr.

Hence my questions about it.
Anyway, now I will have (without the bit ten for now:
the boot sub low passed at 55hz on a 24db crossover, underseats high passed at 60/75hz on a 24db crossover and low passed but on a 12db crossover
And front components high passed on a 12db crossover

Without the addition of this new 24db xs unit on the underseats I had the sub connected out of phase and everything sounded cohesive.

Question is, now that I have a 24db cut under the seats how is that going to affected everything with a mix of 12db and 24db as you can see...?!?

Last edited by sparkymarky; 05-30-2015 at 02:59 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2015, 06:26 PM   #6
csu87
Banned
Rep
Drives: 09 335xi

the db level of your crossover is just how quickly it drops off and has nothing to do with phasing.

A 12db slope is shallower than a 24db slope.
Appreciate 0