THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum Regional Forums AUSTRALIA iPhone 6 snap in connector released.

05-26-2015, 03:58 AM   #1
P8tor
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i - Glacier Silver

iPhone 6 snap in connector released.

I see BMW has finally released the iPhone 6 snap in connector for the centre console (part # 84212407464) - the downside is the $400 price tag. I think I'll leave my phone in the door pocket or my pants pocket. Who needs it? I have my iPod permanently plugged in the centre console for music, the phone bluetooths without problem, so what's the big deal? I'm told that the connector will improve the range as it can utilise the cars aerial - well I've had no problems with reception or signal. $400, I don't think so...
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2015, 04:50 AM   #2
Knightelf
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: M235i

Garage List
2011 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by P8tor View Post
I see BMW has finally released the iPhone 6 snap in connector for the centre console (part # 84212407464) - the downside is the $400 price tag. I think I'll leave my phone in the door pocket or my pants pocket. Who needs it? I have my iPod permanently plugged in the centre console for music, the phone bluetooths without problem, so what's the big deal? I'm told that the connector will improve the range as it can utilise the cars aerial - well I've had no problems with reception or signal. $400, I don't think so...
Damn that is expensive for an adapter. Some people use it to run iPhone apps through the iDrive (like Spotify). Either that or you can just plug it in via USB cable, which is the far cheaper option.

If you buy it from Schmiedmann, it comes to around $250 shipped.

I wonder if there is one for the 6 plus, because it fits no where except on the passenger seat...

Build thread: http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1149793
Appreciate 0