GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - New England

05-24-2015, 08:30 PM   #1
eyedogtor
Rep
Drives: 2016 SO M3

New to forum, recommendations for 2016 M3 order in Mass / NH?

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to say hello, and thank everyone for the wealth of info I have found on the forum. I have been researching a new M3 for quite some time (too long......), and I have been able to answer 95% of my questions by reading your posts. I thought it was time to join and say thanks.

I missed out on the 2015s - so I am looking to order a 2016 locally. While I know many are getting great deals, it seems that locally dealers aren't too eager to negotiate. I haven't really started talking seriously, but I'm curious what discount off MSRP is considered reasonable for an order from a dealer with limited allocations in this area. If no one will budge, I guess I will have to consider out of state and then delivery - but I am going to start local.

Any advice on local contacts / dealers would be appreciated, and Happy Memorial Day everyone,

Pat
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2015, 08:04 PM   #2
okroger
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: plugged in

it's a very short list of dealers locally i'd do business with
tulley in nh
bmw sudbury in mass for service and sales
bmw boston on comm ave for sales

steer clear of west springfield for sales. no feedback on their service.
good luck on your purchase.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2015, 09:05 PM   #3
potxoli
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 SO F80

the folks at BMW of Peabody have been pretty responsive to me and their service dept has been great.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2015, 10:02 AM   #4
STi2M3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 MG/SO M3 (on order)

This is the absolute worst time to order an M3. They are impossible to get now so the CAs are acting like they are going to be impossible to get forever. Wait until 2016 allocations come out and then supply will exceed demand once again. I bought mine in Colorado and am doing PCD this summer. BMW Boston offered me "up to" $1K off and told me the most they gave anyone off an M3 was in the middle of the winter and was $3K off.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2015, 10:17 AM   #5
Mr. Hankey
Christmas Poo
Rep
Drives: Incoming G87

BMW Peabody has been absolutely fantastic, I talked to every dealer in the Boston area prior to ordering. Got the best deal from them as well (of course once I had a deal in writing then other dealers were willing to beat it by a few hundred dollars, but these guys were straightforward and honest through the entire process, all others in boston were not with me).

The key is to know the options you want and set that in stone. Then email 4-5 dealers with that specific build and negotiate from there - see if they'd be willing to do $500 to $1000 over (its possible). I did US delivery but if you do ED then can save even more money if you know what you're doing. If you just go to one dealer and have no price in hand from somewhere else, then they have no target to beat and will have their way with ya. They love having targets to beat. Realize they also need to make some money in the process as well, and their allocations are limited. There was a big backlog of M4s in Boston from November through February, then they all sold relatively quickly from March onward. M3s were scarce everywhere. I imagine if you want a 2016 as soon as they come out you'll pay a bit more than if you were to order say in October onwards. Opportunity cost.

Good luck and enjoy the hunt!
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2015, 02:31 PM   #6
Mr. Hankey
Christmas Poo
Rep

EDIT: I did not check out Tulley in NH but have heard good things about them. Doubt they have the volume (and hence allocations) of Boston dealers however.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2015, 08:01 PM   #7
abnorM4l
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: n/a

Bmw of Stratham (NH) is pretty good. PM me if you need a contact.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2015, 04:07 PM   #8
Mr. Hankey
Christmas Poo
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by abnorM4l View Post
Bmw of Stratham (NH) is pretty good. PM me if you need a contact.
+1 have also heard good things about them from a friend who bought there.
Appreciate 0