Mo Reviews
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > Classifieds > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum

05-18-2015, 03:16 PM   #1
MasterP
Colonel
Rep
Drives: All the M's

Benspora MotorsportsUSA/ AKA Ricky Kwan - Awful, your enemies deserve better

Just a word of warning and extreme caution to anyone considering doing business with Bensopra Motorsports USA led by ringleader and serial scammer Ricky Kwan.

I had initiated my search for Volk Wheels for my F80. I PM'd some vendors and Bensopra is a M3post "gold level sponsor" and they had the best offer and supposedly the wheels I wanted inbound already. So by that token they earned my business.

I contacted Bensopra via PM's, but switched to Email by Ricky Kwan's Request.

I go ahead and tell him to send me a Paypal Invoice.

On April 20, he sends me the invoice. Along with 2 follow ups the same day asking me If I paid it. He hustles to collect, but not to deliver, IMO.

On April 21 I sent a deposit to Bensopra Motorsports USA/Ricky Kwan in the amount of $1890 along with the request to get centercaps. I tell him to add that to my final invoice after the wheels arrive. I tell him I will pay the remainder when he has the wheels in his possession.

On April 29, he contacts me letting me know he is waiting for information about containers from Volk. He tells me :

I give him the benefit of the doubt and Tell him, Ok - let me know.

I'm expecting a reply April 30th. Don't get one, even though HE'S the one that said he'd get back to me.

May 2 after seeing some troubling posts from another member (http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...0#post17931190) I send him this:

He buys himself some more time with this:

I'm hoping that's isolated and just tell him as long as he stays in communication I'm OK.

But Member EJT86's issues get worse and worse, then other members show his yelp and the Bensopra Eviction Notice.

Then I send this:

I don't get a reply by Email. So I call him, and I text him. He does not reply to Texts. So I call again and he answers. I tell him over the phone what I sent in the email.

I requested in this order:

1) PICS of my ACTUAL wheels. I want to know they exist.

2) Tracking numbers - Show me you intend to ship them.

3) Send me a Paypal invoice so I can settle as agreed.

4) drop them at the shipper

He said OK. He was having someone pick them up from Mackin, Which I assume is Mackin Industries.

He said he would call me tomorrow. He does not.

I send him This Email:

He does not reply.

I see him Bumping his other Wheels for Sale posts the same day within moments of me trying to reach him by phone.

So I post in that thread: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1113849

The following morning I get this email

and I Reply back:

I call him to talk to him and he says I'm "Untrustworthy" and he won't give me my money back. He wants me to delete my Posts or I don't get my money back. I said I'm not deleting anything Unless I get my deposit refunded. He says no. I tell him that's fraud and theft and I'll call the police or FBI or whomever that he's committing internet fraud. He says "GO AHEAD." I ask him again, Refund or not Ricky. He says to call the police.

He posts in a thread that He's "done" with me - but not giving my deposit back. I don't know how you can be "done" if you're holding someone's money.

It's May 18 2015. I don't have pics of the wheels. No Refund.

So I've filed a Paypal Dispute. But went ahead and called Chase Fraud Services and they have given me my money back. I'll let Bensopra/Ricky Kwan deal with a large Bank's resources.

I should have just paid the few hundred more and bought from IND or Vivid Racing.

I see that he's a "Gold Level Sponsor" - But I do hope that m3post or whomever runs this site does a better job at vetting and monitoring the activity of it's vendors. I think that's why we are somewhat willing to hand over money to strangers hundreds of miles away. I'll also say this is the only time I've been burned by any M3post transaction. Hope this thread doesn't get deleted as I'm sure Bensopra/Ricky Kwan's sponsorship was expensive, but let this serve as a cautionary tale.
Appreciate 1
      05-18-2015, 03:42 PM   #2
MasterP
Colonel
Rep

It has the feel of a Ponzi scheme. Just my opinion.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2015, 04:39 PM   #3
EJT86
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Garage List
  [0.00]
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
I've been following your story as well since you commented on my post and I became aware j wasn't the only one to recently get screwed. I'm glad to hear you got your money back and you don't have to deal with any of it anymore. I was actually in the process of filing a dispute with my bank as well when he suddenly produced a tracking number for my wheel. You are right tho, we trust vendors on this site thinking their are some standards to uphold or prerequisites to becoming a sponsor or that they're would even possibly be reprocess ions for not doing right by forum members. Good luck in your search for another wheel set and glad it worked out for you
Appreciate 1
bmwbrad22249.00
      05-18-2015, 04:59 PM   #4
MasterP
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJT86 View Post
I've been following your story as well since you commented on my post and I became aware j wasn't the only one to recently get screwed. I'm glad to hear you got your money back and you don't have to deal with any of it anymore. I was actually in the process of filing a dispute with my bank as well when he suddenly produced a tracking number for my wheel. You are right tho, we trust vendors on this site thinking their are some standards to uphold or prerequisites to becoming a sponsor or that they're would even possibly be reprocess ions for not doing right by forum members. Good luck in your search for another wheel set and glad it worked out for you
Yeah, I owe it to your post to taking action.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2015, 08:19 AM   #5
bmwm3car
M3 Fan
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3, E92 M3 and E46 M3

Garage List
Scamers/Fraud on this forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJT86 View Post
Hey guys sorry to keep reading some of the things that are happening to some of the members on this forum. I have been saying for a long time that it is amazing how members receive CONGRATs from vendors on this forum On anything that has to do with purchases that go well and look good on a vehicle, but when members have bad experiences, they never speak out. Customers alone can not police this forum, Vendors have to provide support and speak out against fraud and lies. I just recently wanted to purchase an Item, I pm the vendor since he was advertising special pricing for the product to members forum. He sends me back the price of the Item. I check that against the vendors web site and it was actually lower on the website than going through the vendor on this forum. Just make sure what you are dealing with before handing out money. Oh by the way in regards to the episode, it is a federal cyber crime and interstate commerce felony for taking money under false pretense.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2015, 11:37 AM   #6
MasterP
Colonel
Rep

So looks like Paypal and my Bank both agreed to reversing my payment to Bensopra Motorsport USA/ AKA Ricky Kwan.

It's pretty bad that I had to go to these lengths to get my money back. Bensopra could have easily clicked a button and done it themselves but I guess he thinks he can get away with it.

So I am truly "done" with my Bensopra/Ricky Kwan Experience.

Hopefully his Paypal Account is locked out for a while, and the scammer has to wait a little while to restart.
Appreciate 1
      05-19-2015, 12:29 PM   #7
rabman5
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: none

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrakBch View Post
It has the feel of a Ponzi scheme. Just my opinion.
Not the only Ponzi schemer on here. It seems some vendors use sales to finance prior sales, I had a bad experience also. Lesson to all... AS SOON as they start missing deadlines, file a claim and get your money back. Glad you got your money back.
Appreciate 1
      05-19-2015, 08:10 PM   #8
specterbmw
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Good info and thank guys for posting this. I was going to buy 20' te37 track editions from them. Dodged one
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2015, 08:17 PM   #9
MasterP
Colonel
Rep

It looks like he was able to summon magical powers and get all our comments deleted from his for sale thread.

FS: 2sets x Volk ZE40 Matte Blue Gunmetal, 19" with PSS tires and Hankook V12, TPMS http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1113852" rel="" target="_blank">http://<a href="http://f80.bimmerpos...?t=1113852</a>

Never mind. That's a different for sale post. Lol
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2015, 08:26 PM   #10
gthal
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive

Every time you see a post like this, it makes EAS, IND, etc look all that much better. Sometimes the cheapest route isn't the best but it's a trap we have all fallen into at one time or the other... glad to hear you have your money OP!!!
2015 M4 | Austin Yellow | DCT
2012 MB C63AMG | 2011 E92 M3 | 2010 E92 M3
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2015, 08:28 PM   #11
AlpineE92M3
Currently Driving
Rep
Drives: BPM tuned '13 AW ZCP E92 M3

Garage List
2013 BMW E92 M3  [0.00]
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Great to hear everything got sorted out and you got refunded your money. It's great to know that our banks and paypal have the buyers "backs" so we can't get scammed by these people. I refuse to ever get scammed by anyone. We should start a sticky thread for all those (scammer) Vendors that prey on consumers that only try to help this great community by supporting them and potentially be returning customers. They really spoil it and give a bad name, when other fantastic vendors on these forums really care and try to help everyone as much as possible.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2015, 11:29 AM   #12
LACSTER
Major General
Rep
Drives: Hybrid

Sucks that you have to deal with this.

Not sure if you have seen his instagram feed but the stuff he post on there alone will keep me away from people like him.

look up @ricky_kwan_15 to see what I'm referring to.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2015, 11:36 AM   #13
slavearm
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5CE MBB/SS

This sucks. Sorry to hear about your issues!
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2015, 01:46 PM   #14
MasterP
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LACSTER
Sucks that you have to deal with this.

Not sure if you have seen his instagram feed but the stuff he post on there alone will keep me away from people like him.

look up @ricky_kwan_15 to see what I'm referring to.
Jeez. I saw it. He just MF's everyone.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2015, 02:44 PM   #15
Tisaksen
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3cs

I found the wheels everyones been looking for..
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-20-2015, 09:01 PM   #16
tomorrowm3
Rep
Drives: m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tisaksen View Post
I found the wheels everyones been looking for..
That's the one he post. He lease the car. All his car is lease. He could not paid for the lease. So Irvine BMW tow his car.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2015, 10:39 AM   #17
///M ARMY
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F90

seems like this guy is nothing but trouble.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2015, 01:51 PM   #18
LACSTER
Major General
Rep
Drives: Hybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrakBch View Post
Jeez. I saw it. He just MF's everyone.
Hopefully he does not do an instagram rant about you as well.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2015, 02:54 PM   #19
Boostin FD
Bored all the time
United_States
Rep
Drives: Batmobile

I too "Almost" got screwed by this guy. He posted a set of tires for sale on R8 forum... Seemed like a great deal for new tires. I went ahead and paid. Kept texting back and forth how he is moving to a new location... doesn't have time... fedex truck can't get to it... etc etc.

Week later, still nothing... I start panicking... I text him, no response... email, nothing, call, goes to vmail. Well he deleted his cell phone number. So I open up a case with paypal... 4 days later, he texts me from another number saying he's moving still, he'll ship them right away. I told him enough talk, either return the damn money or send me the tires...

He kept giving me more excuses how everyone hates him... how it's all lies about his business and shit like that... Again, I could care less. I just want the tires or my money back.

I'm not sure why, but he ended up sending the tires. I received them, they are new as he said. That being said, I would definitely not buy from him again. If you go to yelp, you'll see some of the reviews about him... his responses are immature and childish. No Owner of a reputable business shop would respond like that. That pretty much says it all. I did leave a bad feedback.

Glad you got your money back... he's definitely trying to screw people over.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2015, 09:54 PM   #20
tomorrowm3
Rep

Scammer Master: Ricky Kwan/Zhong Hao Guan.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2015, 09:59 PM   #21
tomorrowm3
Rep

Finally, it seems he get banned from this forum. Nice. Hope the cops will catch him soon.
Appreciate 0