XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

02-07-2008, 11:36 PM   #1
Palbay
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW X3

X6 At Dusk and 35i Exhaust Note

Hey guys caught this X6 on my way home today.Tried to get some front shots but just could not get in front of the X6.I think the driver realized I was taking pic's and really started standing on it.At least we get a good look at the rear light clusters at night!!!! I've had some people ask me about the X6's exhaust note.This was a 35i based on the side badging.I opened both of my front windows as I followed this X6.The exhaust note of the 35i is spectacular!!! I was at times directly behind the X6 to sometimes 3-4 car lengths behind.The car has a very distinctive,very audible growl.This driver wised up that I was taking pictures,and was really punching the gas and running up close to the car in front of him.The exhaust note,quite frankly,reminded me of the exhaust note of an Infiniti FX 35.If you have ever been behind an FX35 in traffic,and they punched it off the line,you'll know the sound I'm talking about.I've always liked the way the FX35 sounded.That's about the best way I can describe the sound.I can't speak for what the note sounds like from inside the car,but outside it's a very,very sporty exhaust note.Thanks. PalBay
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-08-2008, 12:07 AM   #2
x5love
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 335i

It's gorgeous! i want one!
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2008, 03:27 PM   #3
Mr.Marvelous
the name says it all...
Turkey
Rep
Drives: F30 BMW 320i Sport Line

uhmm... the description of the exhaust note didn't please me...

cause I don't like the FX35's exhaust note. It's distinctive, but it is totally irrelevant to a BMW's note.

plus I find the FX35's noise funny. its more like a hairdryer rather than an engine..