BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

05-13-2015, 04:49 PM   #1
NoPII
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 XM Label

Garage List
BMW Apps

Do our vehicles (certainly NA variants) not have BMW Apps?

Was trying to get Pandora and Spotify to work from my iPhone, then noticed that I don't have the menus on iDrive my old X6 had :|
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2015, 06:28 PM   #2
mswaz
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by alistairg View Post
Do our vehicles (certainly NA variants) not have BMW Apps?

Was trying to get Pandora and Spotify to work from my iPhone, then noticed that I don't have the menus on iDrive my old X6 had :|
Did you order the enhanced Bluetooth and BMW Apps options $500? I think that is required.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2015, 06:52 PM   #3
NoPII
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mswaz View Post
Did you order the enhanced Bluetooth and BMW Apps options $500? I think that is required.
There wasn't an "apps" option this time around, but I did order the enhanced bluetooth w/ the cradle...
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2015, 01:36 PM   #4
UrbanExtant
Captain
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 Comp Pack

Anyone figure this out yet? I just tried to use my fav app, tune-in radio, and I've run into the same issue as most on here. Anyone who's gotten BMW Apps working, did you need to go to a dealer, or was BMW customer service able to get the problem corrected over the phone?
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2015, 10:28 PM   #5
NoPII
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
The BMW Concierge claimed that this is a "known issue with all 2015 BMWs" and that they're working on it.

I fail to see how this is so hard to fix
Appreciate 1
      05-16-2015, 10:31 PM   #6
UrbanExtant
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by alistairg View Post
The BMW Concierge claimed that this is a "known issue with all 2015 BMWs" and that they're working on it.

I fail to see how this is so hard to fix
Thanks for the update. When I get back home next week, I'll have the GM at my dealership look into it for me. He's been pretty good at getting answers for me in the past. I'll post anything I learn.
Appreciate 1
      05-16-2015, 10:40 PM   #7
thomas wang573
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: F 30 320

apps

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanExtant View Post
Thanks for the update. When I get back home next week, I'll have the GM at my dealership look into it for me. He's been pretty good at getting answers for me in the past. I'll post anything I learn.

it's great for have the apps ,you ordered it from your dealer
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2015, 06:44 PM   #8
NoPII
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas wang573 View Post
it's great for have the apps ,you ordered it from your dealer
Apologies..... I don't understand? :|
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2015, 09:22 AM   #9
thomas wang573
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep

i suggest if you want have the APP ,you should ask the BMW dealer ,they will help you !
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2015, 09:23 AM   #10
NoPII
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas wang573 View Post
i suggest if you want have the APP ,you should ask the BMW dealer ,they will help you !
The point here is that they can't. I ordered "the APP" with my vehicle, as did many others - but it doesn't work due to a ConnectedDrive service issue that BMW still hasn't fixed.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2015, 09:35 AM   #11
thomas wang573
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep

oh ,i understand . i get the same relay .just waitting
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2015, 11:26 AM   #12
UrbanExtant
Captain
Rep

This morning, I was able to speak with someone who actually had knowledge of the BMW Apps missing from our vehicles. He said that since there is no "BMW Apps" subheading under connecteddrive in the iDrive menu, that the vehicle would need to be hooked up to a computer at the dealership, and have that particular option enabled. I was told to have the service department contact BMW corporate if they had issues, because their (corporate's) systems showed the vehicle was to have this option enabled. My X5 M goes in for its 1200 mile break-in service tomorrow. I'll report back tomorrow if they are able to activate this feature, and what steps they went through to do so.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2015, 07:12 PM   #13
NoPII
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanExtant View Post
This morning, I was able to speak with someone who actually had knowledge of the BMW Apps missing from our vehicles. He said that since there is no "BMW Apps" subheading under connecteddrive in the iDrive menu, that the vehicle would need to be hooked up to a computer at the dealership, and have that particular option enabled. I was told to have the service department contact BMW corporate if they had issues, because their (corporate's) systems showed the vehicle was to have this option enabled. My X5 M goes in for its 1200 mile break-in service tomorrow. I'll report back tomorrow if they are able to activate this feature, and what steps they went through to do so.
OK. Keep us posted! I went in for my 1200 mile service today, but my car is going in for its new windshield (6 hours of labor!) next week, so I can ask them to do this then if I need to.

I did check and our vehicles (or mine, certainly) have all the various Apps options turned on in coding. shawnsheridan mentioned that this is now a "subscription service", which implies that it'd need to be activated over-the-air by BMW.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2015, 07:49 PM   #14
NoPII
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
So - I'm on the phone with a BMW Genius now. Our vehicles *should* have this, it's not over-the-air configuration or anything crazy. I mentioned that quite a few of us seem to have this problem and he said that he's not aware of a wider config issue with early X5M and X6M models.

Apparently it's a simple trip to the dealer to have the option coded in....... :|
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2015, 04:41 PM   #15
UrbanExtant
Captain
Rep

Just got my vehicle back. The service department tried to figure out what is wrong with the BMW Apps. They fully understand the problem, and I'm sure the genius people over the phone do, too, after several lengthy phone calls from me over the past three days. The dealership has opened a PUMA case with corporate to get to the bottom of it. I am told I'll be contacted as soon as anyone knows anything. So, even if they don't currently work, there is progress, that's something, I guess.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2015, 07:56 AM   #16
Jc360
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: x5m

Great thread thanks for updating. I am in the same boat.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2015, 03:19 PM   #17
UrbanExtant
Captain
Rep

The BMW Genius department just made an unexpected phone call to me. They reset my account, which didn't work, and they are now escalating the problem to a higher department. I directed the rep to this forum, and the threads on here with us discussing the issue. She is sending that info on to a higher department, as well, so it can be seen by them that multiple vehicles have this problem. Here's hoping this, and the PuMA case get someone to get this working for us.
Appreciate 2
      05-23-2015, 10:03 PM   #18
Drexel
Rep
Drives: 2015 x5m

What apps are available? Pandora or other streaming music? All I see are a few stock bmw type apps.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2015, 06:09 AM   #19
UrbanExtant
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexel
What apps are available? Pandora or other streaming music? All I see are a few stock bmw type apps.
There are a variety of apps, my favorite, the one is use every time in the car, is tune-in radio. I also used audible, which is a BMW approved app. There are about twenty or so different iPhone apps that are compatible with BMW.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2015, 04:06 PM   #20
UrbanExtant
Captain
Rep

Thought I'd give a quick update. I was emailed today letting me know a technology rep at the factory in Spartanburg has been sent all the documentation from my PuMA case, and he has been in contact with my service advisor, and service manager. He is diligently working to fix the issue, and I'll be notified as soon as he has a solution. Since this is now a pay service, it has been indicated to me that we can request a new start date, equivalent to the date the future fix will be applied to our vehicles.
Appreciate 1
      06-01-2015, 03:13 PM   #21
UrbanExtant
Captain
Rep

My car went in today to repair a broken sunroof, and has spent the day hooked up to a computer that is being controlled from Spartanburg. Fortunately, the sunroof had just de-initialized itself, so that was an easy repair.

The tech department in Spartanburg has now seen firsthand that the BMW apps do not work on the F85 through tinkering with mine remotely today. They are currently running several coding options to see if they can get them working. I am told I will be given an update tomorrow morning as to where things stand. At least the mothership finally acknowledges something is wrong with one of their fleet of babies, and is trying to fix it. Will post again tomorrow with what happens.
Appreciate 2
      06-02-2015, 08:25 AM   #22
///MB
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5MC

Hey guys, this is my first post on this forum, but I have been following it since last November when I ordered my car, and finally took delivery on May 19.

Since someone mentioned that BMW is aware of this thread, I thought I would post and say that I have the same problem as well.

I had a couple lengthy calls w the geniuses last week and they couldn't figure out why it wasn't showing up under the connecteddrive menu. They were not aware of it and ultimately said, I should take it to the dealer to see if they can find the problem. Needless to say after spending at least half a day on it, I was quite frustrated.

So big thanks to u guys who r actively involved in getting BMW to get to the bottom of it. I'll wait and see what u guys find out as the definitive solution from BMW before I head over to the dealer.
Appreciate 0