BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

04-27-2015, 11:06 PM   #1
Jc360
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: x5m

Connected drive question apps question

Hi not sure this is the right forum but I got my 2015 x5m this weekend and the apps aren't working. I have no apps option in connected drive and the app won't connect via snapin, or usb on android or iOS. I have the "enhanced usb and BT option." Bmw 800# didn't have any ideas and I've upgraded firmware etc. any ideas? The remote services are registered and working ok but no Twitter, pandora etc.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2015, 07:14 AM   #2
jpsjr70
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jc360
Hi not sure this is the right forum but I got my 2015 x5m this weekend and the apps aren't working. I have no apps option in connected drive and the app won't connect via snapin, or usb on android or iOS. I have the "enhanced usb and BT option." Bmw 800# didn't have any ideas and I've upgraded firmware etc. any ideas? The remote services are registered and working ok but no Twitter, pandora etc.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.
Had the same issue, called BMWUSA and they corrected the issue, zero issues from that point. Apparently the dealership did not setup car for all the bells and whistles to work.

Joe
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2015, 08:28 AM   #3
Jc360
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsjr70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jc360

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.
Had the same issue, called BMWUSA and they corrected the issue, zero issues from that point. Apparently the dealership did not setup car for all the bells and whistles to work.

Joe
Hi thanks. I did call them and we did some things but to no avail. Thanks I'll call them again.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2015, 05:41 PM   #4
UrbanExtant
Captain
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 Comp Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsjr70 View Post

Joe
What exactly did you get BMW to do over the phone to make this work? I've spent over three hours on the phone with BMW through several different departments, and no one knows anything. My dealership understands what's missing, but has no clue how to fix it. They opened a PUMA case with BMW corporate to figure out how to fix it. Any info you can provide would be very helpful to me, and others.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2015, 06:12 PM   #5
Eyewire
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X6M

Yes, I have the same issue with BMW ConnectedDrive App too.

Tried so many times with BMW dealer genius, also phone calls with BMW HQ Genius, and still can not make it work.

Will have to bring my X6M back to dealer again for a closer look and further diagnosis.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2015, 07:52 AM   #6
Jc360
Enlisted Member
Rep

Thanks for the update. So no one with a 2015 has this working?
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2015, 09:08 AM   #7
NoPII
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 XM Label

Garage List
jpsjr70 - who did you call, and what did you ask for to get this fixed? I'm guessing that's the magical sequence. Do you have any record of that conversation (e.g. a ticket number?) that others could reference so we get the same helpful response?

I have the same problem too
Appreciate 0