F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Android Torque App + Bluetooth OBDII adapter = "Digital Gauges"
Studio RSR

04-19-2015, 05:50 PM   #1
Mike.F31.MSport
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '15 328i (M) Wagon, '91 318is

Garage List
Android Torque App + Bluetooth OBDII adapter = "Digital Gauges"

Posted this in my F31 Journal as well.

Here is a neat (and cheap) way to display digital gauges in your car. I used it in my Subaru STI for a number of years and it also works well with my F31 BMW.

I'm using the Android Torque application ($5 app) along with an ELM327 Bluetooth OBDII adapter ($25 adapter) and of course my Android phone (Galaxy S5). The Torque application allows you to create digital gauges of the MANY parameters that your ECU sees. It also allows you to data-log the ECU for tuning purposes. You can also check and clear CELs with it. It's a very useful tool for such a low cost.

The adapter:

The adapter plugged in:

Displaying digital gauges (a very small sample of the gauge types/gauge themes/parameters):

Here's the setup form the Subaru:

Appreciate 1