BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

04-17-2015, 11:10 AM   #1
ozboygb
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 Gran Coupe

Garage List
Carbon Black X5M Ready for Pick Up

Exciting day ... pick up of my Carbon Black set for today from Pacific BMW in Glendale
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-17-2015, 11:28 AM   #2
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

ozboygb , Congrats!!!
Any mods planned already?
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2015, 11:59 AM   #3
AwesomeM3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F95 X5MC

Garage List
2015 BMW X5 M  [10.00]
2020 BMW X5M Compet ...  [0.00]
2008 M3  [10.00]
Congrats Greg, very exciting!
      04-17-2015, 12:08 PM   #4
Nate@IND
Rep
Drives: BMW

Going to have a nice weekend for sure Congrats!
      04-17-2015, 12:20 PM   #5
arctic330i
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 35i

Garage List
2014 BMW X5  [0.00]
2006 BMW 330i E90  [8.08]
2013 BMW 335is  [10.00]
When did you place your order? Mine has been pushed from mid March to mid April and now to June... Not happy.
      04-17-2015, 01:00 PM   #6
wdimagineer
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 M

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctic330i
When did you place your order? Mine has been pushed from mid March to mid April and now to June... Not happy.
Welcome to my world. Pretty certain I initially ordered before everybody here. I had an order and deposit in the day the books opened. My dealer subsequently lost their allocation for my car for whatever reason. They secured a new car with a week 12 build. That turned to week 17. Car was built early during week 15. Now it's sitting, in final QC, waiting to be released for over a week now.

In the interim I'm driving a rental, spending more than half my monthly payment on a Sonata.

My truck is being courtesy delivered to a dealer in LA, which means I'll need to fly down there to collect it and drive it back up. I can't do that during the week.

I was hoping for this weekend. That's a no go. Next weekend I'm free, but it's looking unlikely if it hasn't shipped yet.

The following weekend I'm moving.

And the week after I'm heading to Taiwan for business for a month or longer.

If this car doesn't move soon my dealer is going to have a $120k problem on their hands at a dealer 3000 miles away.

Part of me hopes they get screwed and have to pay to ship it back. I'm really angry.

And of course NA is useless. Always apologetic but never actually in a position to do anything meaningful.

I'm happy every time someone gets their truck. But at the same time it makes me even angrier. It's pretty clear to me now that this will be my last BMW.
      04-17-2015, 02:07 PM   #7
arctic330i
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 35i

Garage List
2014 BMW X5  [0.00]
2006 BMW 330i E90  [8.08]
2013 BMW 335is  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdimagineer
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctic330i
Welcome to my world. Pretty certain I initially ordered before everybody here. I had an order and deposit in the day the books opened. My dealer subsequently lost their allocation for my car for whatever reason. They secured a new car with a week 12 build. That turned to week 17. Car was built early during week 15. Now it's sitting, in final QC, waiting to be released for over a week now.

In the interim I'm driving a rental, spending more than half my monthly payment on a Sonata.

My truck is being courtesy delivered to a dealer in LA, which means I'll need to fly down there to collect it and drive it back up. I can't do that during the week.

I was hoping for this weekend. That's a no go. Next weekend I'm free, but it's looking unlikely if it hasn't shipped yet.

If this car doesn't move soon my dealer is going to have a $120k problem on their hands at a dealer 3000 miles away.

Part of me hopes they get screwed and have to pay to ship it back. I'm really angry.

And of course NA is useless. Always apologetic but never actually in a position to do anything meaningful.

I'm happy every time someone gets their truck. But at the same time it makes me even angrier. It's pretty clear to me now that this will be my last BMW.
Who can blame you, that is a very frustrating story!

I had my CA ask a rep from BMWNA they had visiting and he explained it is a issue of the 21" wheels and rear camera is having delays. So I'm curious how that's being handled, if the cars are finalized short of the rear view camera and maybe they install temporary wheels. I can't imagine production as stopped as I see more in town every week, somehow.

Frustrating as the 2016's have to be starting production in the next few months.
      04-17-2015, 03:07 PM   #8
gan23
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X5M '18 XM’23 X5 50e 24

So, there is indeed a problem with the 21" wheels.

I tried to order one kit of wheels today at the dealer and they don't have it in the system yet.

Last edited by gan23; 04-17-2015 at 03:31 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2015, 06:14 PM   #9
NoPII
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 XM Label

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdimagineer View Post

I feel your pain. Mine was order banked very early December last year, and it drives me crazy every time I see a car arriving in Europe (or even further afield) when it's taken this long to get mine to Seattle

After a long period in QC (an issue with steering) my car is finally on a truck to the dealer - and, like you, I'm obviously headed out on a trip during the delivery window

NA beyond useless. I've had to educate the contact center people several times on how to communicate tracking information, and exec relations went quiet.

I've been trying hard not to drive my friendly dealer too insane - as I know this is all beyond their control. The allocation / production / priority system is very much broken at BMW.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2015, 06:31 PM   #10
AwesomeM3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F95 X5MC

Garage List
2015 BMW X5 M  [10.00]
2020 BMW X5M Compet ...  [0.00]
2008 M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdimagineer View Post

Sorry to hear you're having such problems getting your car delivered. Mine sat in QC for three weeks, so I hope yours isn't the same case. It's unfortunate that you'll be away for a month, but for what it's worth, try and hold out a little longer for the X5M. The car is amazing, I love everything about it!
      04-18-2015, 07:52 PM   #11
HMN
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5MC LCI, 2017 F86 X6M

Garage List
2014 BMW X5  [0.00]
Congratulations!
Appreciate 0