E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Coolant hose popped off

04-11-2015, 11:06 AM   #1
unjukeable
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi

Coolant hose popped off

Hey guys on the upper radiator hose the hose that attaches to the bottom popped off yesterday. I pulled out the c clip re attached it. I pulled on t to make sure it was on there good. I topped it off with distilled water but this morning I looked and saw some water under the car so I checked and hose was still on but coolant was low again. I put in more distilled water.

It seems to be fine right now but is that normal to have to top it off again? Also please note I did not run the car very long after i originally topped it off with about 1 gallon of distilled water.

Should I let it cycle through getting to operating temperature and re top off?
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2015, 11:14 AM   #2
Needbmwpartzz
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 bmw 328i x-drive

Top it off and warm up good then refill as needed once cooled down then just keep a close eye on it.
You don't need to worry about low coolant so much as the car will throw a CEL code if it's needed.
Appreciate 1
      04-11-2015, 11:16 AM   #3
unjukeable
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi

Thanks I'm just about to go in a 3 hour drive so I want to make sure I'm good before I venture out. I warmed it seemed fine just smoking off some of the coolant still there. I'll let it cool down top off and hope I don't need to use aaa
Appreciate 0