M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA

04-04-2015, 11:57 AM   #1
SHIFT4SPEED
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 F10

Need Help-Dealer Broke my car (Performance issue)

Hey there everyone, i have a major problem with my M5. My car is not performing 100 percent, you can actually feel theres something wrong with the power band. This happened right after my car drove out the BMW Dealer. The car was there for Oil Consumption issues.

Anyways i told the dealer theres a performance issue and they checked and said its fine since theres no error codes or check engine light. I was like no trust me, i can also show you with my scan tool. They wouldn't agree see my tool to show them low boost pressure. And when i asked to speak to the manager he was busy showing a new tech how to run things. Apparently that was more important then a upset customer. Anyway i wont go into it anymore its a long story, trust me.

It turns out my boost pressure isn't going over 6 PSI on full throttle. And i also noticed the exhaust flaps are not working properly. Which the dealer tells me its normal. But from what i have experience, when the car was working right they would stay open most of the time. Also now my car wont spin the tires like it would before wet or dry. In the ran i don't get wheel spin with the traction control turned off. Before i used to be scared putting the foot down in a turn (dry road) now it just stomp on it and no drama at all. Also the Launch Control isn't working right, it wont shift gears by it self.

Does anyone live in near the longisland/Queens area so i can compare the cars in performance. That would help me a lot, to show the dealer its performance issue.

Please i really need your help.

Last edited by SHIFT4SPEED; 04-04-2015 at 02:28 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2015, 11:38 AM   #2
Lalit@autocouture
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tributo, Superfast, M5cs

Give Mike P a call at Prestige BMW service
Appreciate 1
      04-14-2015, 04:47 PM   #3
SHIFT4SPEED
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalit@AUTOcouture View Post
Give Mike P a call at Prestige BMW service
Do you know him? And how sure are you he can help if no other dealer can.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2015, 08:59 PM   #4
6spdterror
Route Runner
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16 ///M6 Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHIFT4SPEED View Post
Hey there everyone, i have a major problem with my M5. My car is not performing 100 percent, you can actually feel theres something wrong with the power band. This happened right after my car drove out the BMW Dealer. The car was there for Oil Consumption issues.

Anyways i told the dealer theres a performance issue and they checked and said its fine since theres no error codes or check engine light. I was like no trust me, i can also show you with my scan tool. They wouldn't agree see my tool to show them low boost pressure. And when i asked to speak to the manager he was busy showing a new tech how to run things. Apparently that was more important then a upset customer. Anyway i wont go into it anymore its a long story, trust me.

It turns out my boost pressure isn't going over 6 PSI on full throttle. And i also noticed the exhaust flaps are not working properly. Which the dealer tells me its normal. But from what i have experience, when the car was working right they would stay open most of the time. Also now my car wont spin the tires like it would before wet or dry. In the ran i don't get wheel spin with the traction control turned off. Before i used to be scared putting the foot down in a turn (dry road) now it just stomp on it and no drama at all. Also the Launch Control isn't working right, it wont shift gears by it self.

Does anyone live in near the longisland/Queens area so i can compare the cars in performance. That would help me a lot, to show the dealer its performance issue.

Please i really need your help.
Which dealer did you go to that messed up your car??
04 Honda Pilot (everyday car)
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2015, 07:44 PM   #5
SHIFT4SPEED
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spdterror View Post
Which dealer did you go to that messed up your car??
I went to BMW Of Freeport in long island.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2015, 08:02 PM   #6
6spdterror
Route Runner
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16 ///M6 Gran Coupe

Quote:
I dont go there anymore. I take mine to Oyster bay now.
04 Honda Pilot (everyday car)
Appreciate 1
      04-17-2015, 02:42 PM   #7
pgviper
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3m40

Quote:
Not a fan of that dealership.

I go to Habberstad BMW of Huntington. Ask for the Service Advisor named Pete Mitchell. He's a great guy and will take care of you.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2015, 05:17 PM   #8
FSociety
IG @bmwF9xG80
Rep
Drives: G80 M3, X4M, G07 X7m50

Garage List
2023 BMW G80 M3  [0.00]
2020 BMW X4MC  [0.00]
16' BMW X4 M40i  [10.00]
06 Cadillac STS  [0.00]
Avoid Bridgewater too (they broke a little part of my MAF sensor) noticed when i was going to install my BMC filter and they took a sealed home-depot zip-ties (12 count) i had in my trunk.

IG: @bmwF9XG80

Appreciate 0
      09-18-2015, 09:39 PM   #9
paul_E39M5
Rep
Drives: 2000 E39 M5

Garage List
2000 M5  [0.00]
Did you ever get this resolved??? If not it may be the vacuum line that runs the exhaust flaps. If there's a vacuum leak then it won't have enough vacuum to spool the turbos and it won't actuate the exhaust valves.
Appreciate 0