THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum Regional Forums USA - Southeast PCD to Mountain Weekend: Tips, Must See's, Ideas

03-24-2015, 01:24 PM   #1
jstnstr
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20 M340xi

PCD to Mountain Weekend: Tips, Must See's, Ideas

Hey guys, I am picking up my new M235i in June after European Delivery in early May. I am looking for some input on my planned route to tear around in the mountains for the weekend before I head home to South Florida (the land of very long, straight, flat, boring roads and lots of traffic).

This is my planned (tentative) route: Head straight for the mountains from the Performance Center around 3pm Friday after delivery. Looks like the closest mountain roads are on 276 on the way up to Brevard, NC, there is a nice stretch in the mountain bridge wilderness area right on the SC/NC border. Ill probably stop in Brevard to fill up, then head up 276 on what looks like a pretty twisty road to the Blue Ridge Parkway. I'll stay on the BRP until it ends at Cherokee, and stop at whatever waterfalls/overlooks I see on the way. From there I will drivepretty much straight to Robbinsville NC where I am staying, on whatever is the quickest route. I would like to get there around or before dark to check in to where I am staying. Saturday I will head to the Tail of the Dragon in the morning and the Cherohala Skyway in the afternoon. Any M235 locals who would like to do a run Saturday morning let me know! Sunday I will head back home to South Florida, possibly hitting some mountain roads on the way to either I75 or I95.

I would love to hear input from anyone familiar with the Western NC area, as well as any tips/pointers/must-see's. I would definitely love to see some scenery as well as check out a few waterfalls and would be up for some light hiking to do so. I am making the trip with my girlfriend, some time in the middle of June.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2015, 01:26 PM   #2
jstnstr
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20 M340xi

Map of the route
Attached Images

| Previous: 18 M3 ZCP | 17 M3 6MT | 15 M235i |
Appreciate 0