THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Upset

03-20-2015, 11:57 PM   #1
stilldae
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i 6MT

Upset

Ugh... I had my dealership swap out my winter tires / wheels today. I dropped it off in the morning, and the car was ready by afternoon. Before dropping the car off in the morning, I did a thorough inspection visually, and there were no scratches (I've had the car for 3 months). The car had some rain / dirt residue from the day before, but it was in a pretty clean condition.

The dealership called me around lunch time to tell me that the car is ready. I skipped lunch and left work to pick up the car, and hurried back to work. I just dropped off the loaner keys, paid for the service, and picked up the car at the back of the dealership parking lot. I didn't have time to check the car out thoroughly, but noticed that the car was washed (which I was not informed of - is this usual?). My computer was reset - all my settings, presets were gone, which again I was not informed of. I had to get back to work, so I drove back to work, which was about 5 mins away. When I got out I noticed two scratch marks near the rear bumper. From my guess, some idiot probably leaned one of the wheels against the bumper while switching the tires .

What should be my next course of action? I already emailed them about the situation and I told them I'd try and stop by tomorrow (I have work tomorrow). I told them I was disappointed and upset. What should I be requesting from them?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-21-2015, 12:15 AM   #2
huma
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: U11 one day

That sucks...have you called them to ask them to fix it?
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2015, 07:22 AM   #3
worktolivelife
Private
Rep
Drives: Mine

Well the outcome "initially" would depend on your relationship with said dealer and how customer focused they are, IMHO if that damage has been caused by them and going by the images it would need a full bumper respray ( or best part of to blend) to make it right!
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2015, 09:10 AM   #4
crqflier
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '07 335i, '95 M3 (gone)

Tough to see on a phone but what's that arc shape above the scratches? To me this doesn't look like anything from a wheel leaning against it. If the wheel had the tire on, rubber would hit the bumper. If there was no rubber, the wheel wouldn't be that high up to lean there, at that angle. Plus, I'd guess the car was on a lift during the swap, not jack stands. Sucks. Maybe it happened there. Go talk with them. But I'd start with a question, not a demand.
      03-21-2015, 01:31 PM   #5
Supernaut
Little Deuce Coupe
United_States
Rep
Drives: SO M2C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by crqflier View Post
Tough to see on a phone but what's that arc shape above the scratches? To me this doesn't look like anything from a wheel leaning against it. If the wheel had the tire on, rubber would hit the bumper. If there was no rubber, the wheel wouldn't be that high up to lean there, at that angle. Plus, I'd guess the car was on a lift during the swap, not jack stands. Sucks. Maybe it happened there. Go talk with them. But I'd start with a question, not a demand.
The irregular edges make it look like there had been some paint repair that got chipped.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2015, 01:57 PM   #6
Kayevman
kayevman
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i X Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by stilldae View Post
Ugh... I had my dealership swap out my winter tires / wheels today. I dropped it off in the morning, and the car was ready by afternoon. Before dropping the car off in the morning, I did a thorough inspection visually, and there were no scratches (I've had the car for 3 months). The car had some rain / dirt residue from the day before, but it was in a pretty clean condition.

The dealership called me around lunch time to tell me that the car is ready. I skipped lunch and left work to pick up the car, and hurried back to work. I just dropped off the loaner keys, paid for the service, and picked up the car at the back of the dealership parking lot. I didn't have time to check the car out thoroughly, but noticed that the car was washed (which I was not informed of - is this usual?). My computer was reset - all my settings, presets were gone, which again I was not informed of. I had to get back to work, so I drove back to work, which was about 5 mins away. When I got out I noticed two scratch marks near the rear bumper. From my guess, some idiot probably leaned one of the wheels against the bumper while switching the tires .

What should be my next course of action? I already emailed them about the situation and I told them I'd try and stop by tomorrow (I have work tomorrow). I told them I was disappointed and upset. What should I be requesting from them?
Might have happened in their car wash or it might have been there under the dirt when you brought it in. My worst BMW service experience was when I brought my 135i convertible in because the rear defroster wasn't working. Without asking me, they embarked on the project of replacing the entire top (frame and canvas)--there were a lot of subsequent problems I had to work through. My suggestion: have the dealer touch up the bumper. You will perseverate on this (as we all do) until you get a door ding or something else and then you will forget it.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2015, 05:46 PM   #7
todd hollander
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3 30i

"You will perseverate on this (as we all do) until you get a door ding or something else and then you will forget it."

Hahaha, I had to look this one up. Are you a psychiatrist? Thanks for the education. It surely applies to me when something isn't just right unit I fix it!
For example I put my spacers on this morning, test drove the car, thought I felt a vibration, took the spacers off, same vibration, (road), put the spacers back on. Phew,
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2015, 09:36 PM   #8
ORIGIN M.
Banned
Rep
Drives: ///M

Request them to make you whole. Look at your RO for the tech's name and never have that tech touch your car moving forward.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2015, 12:57 PM   #9
gtfalve
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M3

Dealerships will wash your car every time you come in for service unless you request them not to (which I recommend). As far as your presets being deleted, did you happen to grab the other key? Each key has it's own profile stored to it so any presets you saved on your 1 key will be different from what's stored on your other key. And any reputable dealership should take care of the damage. I'd be extra careful to examine the car thoroughly from now on though
Appreciate 0