F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > bluetooth phone connection error
Extreme Powerhouse

03-19-2015, 11:46 PM   #1
kevinLee
Rep
Drives: BMW 325i

bluetooth phone connection error

I get into my car this morning and turned it on, as soon as I drive initialized it brought up the dial screen on its own and tries to repeatedly call my own number. Does not react to my input but then it hangs up and starts again. Doing it in a loop. My phone however is not showing any activity during this time. The only way I could stop it is to turn off BT on my phone.

I will try to re-pair soon to see if it helps but in the meantime wanted to ask if anyone has experienced this and see if I need to visit the dealer to reset or update it or whatever.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2015, 07:49 PM   #2
EdDuran
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 328xd M-Sport

Garage List
2014 328xd  [0.00]
I had the exact same issue this morning myself. I disabled bluetooth on my phone (iPhone6) and the radio came on. Enabled bluetooth, and the iDrive showed a call to myself again. I repeated unpairing and paring the phone to no avail.

It wasn't until I actually tried to manually make a call from my phone that it seemed to clear - I heard the ringing from the car speakers, then I canceled the call. Now all seems to be ok again.

Was there some software update over night? Monday I did update the bluetooth/multimedia software, but the radio and phone calls had worked fine .. till this morning